Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Swim of Summer

So our clubhouse pool opened on Memorial Day and the kids have been bugging me day and night to take them swimming! They didn't care if it was raining or windy or freezing cold! It was open and they were going to swim! Luckily yesterday it was a pretty sunny day and it wasn't too cold so I took them to the pool.
I wasn't feeling that great and didn't want to get in, so I didn't bring a swim suit for Nathan. He kept getting down on his tummy and trying to back into the water feet first! He was not happy about having to be on the sidelines the whole time, but was THRILLED with Tyler's cannon balls! I'll have to let him get in next time.



I'm anxious for the girls to start swimming lessons so they can be a little more confident in the water. The pool is 3 feet deep on either end and a whopping 4 feet deep in the middle! So Madeline can touch on both ends and is pretty happy about "bouncing" around in the shallow end! One time she bounced a little too far to the middle and I saw her get wide eyed under water as her whole head dunked under (not what she was anticipating). She quickly bounced underwater to the shallower end. Sweet girl. Aren't the girls getting so beautiful? It's so crazy that they aren't tiny toddlers anymore! Kind of scary!

2 comments:

kahnfam said...

It's getting hot here and no one I know has a pool. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Tara Rickards said...

All your kids are getting so cute! I can't believe how fast they grow!