So we took a short walk tonight around the block before bed and we met up with some friends. Well I got to chatting and the girls had to use the bathroom so we went inside for a minute. I guess during that time Tyler's friend did something that hurt Tyler's feelings and he got upset and left to finish walking the rest of the way home in a huff. We followed and found him crying in the living room when we got home. He explained what had happened and asked if I would call his friend's mom to get her in trouble. I told him that it wouldn't help anything and I started getting them ready for bed. Well as we were reading scriptures Tyler kept at it and was saying things like, "I'll never be her friend again" and "She wanted to play with the dogs but I'll never let her come with me now" and things like this. I told him that it could have been a misunderstanding and that he should try to forgive her. He persisted and said that he'd never forgive her because he was too mad at her. I told him that those mean feelings of anger were exactly how Satan wanted him to feel and I asked him how he thought Jesus would want him to feel. He was quiet for awhile so I started reading again. I finished the chapter and we got ready for prayers. I asked Tyler what he was going to do about how he was feeling, and being the dramatic boy that he is, he turned his finger into an imaginary knife and pretended to slice his chest open and he reached in and with all sorts of creative sound effects, he pulled out his heart placed it on the dresser and said in a crazy voice, "One brand new heart please!" and in a different voice, "That'll be twenty-five cents please." and he proceeded to put the new happy loving heart in his chest, sew it up and heave a big sigh and smiled. I guess that's one way to do it! I wish it was as easy as handing over a quarter every time we want a change of heart!
9 comments:
That's so cute! I love hearing your everyday life adventures and how well you teach your children gospel principals! I constantly find myself saying, "I need to remember that so I can teach my kids." Plus, I love that his heart transplant only cost 25 cents! If only!
yep...he's definitely yours!
Cute!!! I love it!!! What a sweet little guy!!! Aren't kids the best!!
Man... for real?? You guys have some great stories.
How does our kids come up with these ideas. Your kids are very creative.
Aww, that's cute and funny at the same time. What a drama king! =D
What a good mom you are, always using situations as a teaching experience. Tyler is just a crack up! I love hearing all of your fun stories. Have fun at Whiskeytown!
out of the mouths of babes! You do teach your kids so well.
Too cute!
Post a Comment