So I thought I'd post a quick update on my surgery. I went in on Monday to do a consult with the surgeon and he did new x-rays which revealed that "chunk-a" had already started to fuse back together by creating a "bone bridge". Which says that I'm an extremely fast healer, because on Wednesday it was "chunk-a" and on Monday it was just more like the peninsula of chunk! Which also tells me that the chunk did not break off when I dislocated my finger because it would have already healed by the time we did the x-rays 2 weeks later. Which means one of my breathtaking run-ins with one of the kiddlets was likely the cause of dear "chunk-a". Anyway, he scheduled surgery for the next day, which was Tuesday. So I went to my Jenny Phillips recording (which was amazing and fun but I definitely have no chance of winning or even coming anywhere close) and then came home and helped put kids to bed during which time Peter to a pretty hard and not so graceful spill down the stairs - he's going in for x-rays tomorrow - and then woke up and got kids ready to spend the day with Aunt Jessica. We dropped the kids off at the in-laws where Jessica and Uncle Timmy had plans to take the kids to the movies, and on our way to the hospital Tim called and informed us that Emily had just thrown up! We found them pulled over in a cul-de-sac cleaning up, loaded Emily into the car with us, went back to the house to get her a clean shirt and then headed to the hospital with only one more small, contained upchuck on the way. We got the hospital and got me all checked in and settled and then Peter took Emily home and came back to get me after surgery was over. It went well. I have 3 pins in my finger that will come out in 6 weeks and they said they were going to have to go in and "clean out the joint" because the bone was healing in such a way that it was blocking the joint from being able to bend and work properly. So anyway. That's that. The first day home was great after I "woke up" all the way and wasn't dizzy and nauseous any more my finger was still super numb from the surgery, that numbness wore off this morning between 7 and 8 am and then I experienced some pretty hard-core pain! I'm now medicated and in a "happy place" and should be feeling much better in a few days. I have a follow up appointment where they'll take the bandaging off and reveal the beast beneath in 2 weeks. So we'll see.
Also another fun turn of events, on Monday I was in the middle of posting that last cute post with the questions from the kids and my computer died. Shut off, and died. So Peter is going to try to revive it, but he's super busy right now so I don't know when that will be done. I'm stealing a little of his computer time tonight to post this, so no promises for awhile. Anyway! That's that! Thanks for the concern and thanks for our amazing ward who has brought dinner and stolen my children and been so great!
6 comments:
I'm glad the surgery went well. Try to take it easy, and get better!
So I saw Fresno friends, is that where you're from? b/c my brother just got called to serve in the fresno CA mission spanish speaking, he leaves aug.20
Waht is Jenny Phillips? Did I miss a post!?
Jenny Phillips is a fabulous LDS artist and she has made all of the YW theme CD's each year (see JennyPhillips.com). Well she does a workshop each year where you go and learn about the LDS music industry and get tips and feedback from a whole crew of LDS artists (singers, songwriters, producers, you name it) and as part of the workshop you can audition to be on her CD for next year and you go to a real professional recording studio and sing for her and get one on one feedback for 30 minutes. It was a super amazing experience! So that was my Jenny Phillips thing that I made reference to.
Yikes, I'm sorry about all this finger business, I bet it makes typing kind of difficult, but it does make for a good post! Whenever something goes wrong, I just try and think, "Well, that will be good for my blog!"
Janelle! That is just aweful! I hope it heals up quickly! (I hope Peter is okay too!)
We missed you guys at Whiskeytown! Can't wait until you come out to visit!
Post a Comment