Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quickie with no pix

So I'm having issues getting pictures off of my camera right now so here's a quick run down of what's been going on with us! The first week of August I was super busy trying to get ready for my hike and planning Maddie's 5th birthday party. Her actual birthday was on the 9th (the day after I left) so we celebrated with family the Sunday before and with friends on Wednesday the 6th. She was so cute and made her own birthday cupcakes and did a great job (insert darling pictures of Madeline in an apron here)! We opened presents on Sunday with the family (insert super happy face pictures here) and she was thrilled to get a two-wheeler bike (insert pictures of all four kids in their jammies riding bikes in the cul-de-sac here)! She asked for a princess castle cake again this year and I think it turned out pretty cute! We made some revisions and simplifications from last years and took a few ideas from Becca Laing's "Knight's Cake" for Brayden (insert fabulous pictures of a round pink cake with upside down ice cream cones and dots lining the top and candy heart windows and Hershey bar doors and rope licorice walkway here!). All in all she had a great birthday and had no idea that I was not home on her ACTUAL birthday!
Tyler started First Grade this week (insert super handsome getting way too old pictures of Tyler here) and is loving his new teacher and making friends quickly. Madeline is starting Kindergarten this Monday and couldn't be happier! A friend of ours is actually her teacher too and Maddie knows her really well and is so excited to be in her class. I'm of course looking forward to only having 2 kids during the day (and only 1 a few days a week because we're starting a preschool/playgroup co-op for Emily too). What will I do with the quiet? Maybe I'll have to just create some more noise to fill in the gap!
So that's the quick non-picture update and now I get to post a nice big one full of gorgeous pictures from my hike. (I didn't bring my camera so I used my aunt and my mom's cameras the whole time and got a cd from them, so that's how I have those pictures on my computer and not the birthday and school pictures - cd vs. usb).

No comments: