Alright, well I guess I should finish blogging the second half of our hiking trip which was equally as amazing as the first half, if not even more so! However I have to take a brief detour! Last night we had our Friday night babysitting co-op and since Peter was out of town I wasn't sure how I was going to spend my time and thought of coming home and cleaning and blogging, but decided to get a few back to school things for the kids instead and then while at Target I stumbled upon the book Twilight. It was only $8 for the paperback and I've been SOOO curious what the rage was all about, and since Peter was out of town I figured it was the best time to get sucked into a book! So I bought it at 9:30pm and read the first few chapters. Then I picked the kids up at 10 and got them settled into bed and thought I'd read some more since I've had such a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep while Peter's not home. So I picked it back up at 10:30 and started to read. I remember at one point thinking, "Wow, I've read a lot already!" and then quickly returning to the pages. Well after awhile I yawned and thought that I'd better check on the time. Well when I got up to walk into the kitchen to see what time it was I noticed DAYLIGHT coming through the windows! No way!! It was 6:37 am!!!! Are you kidding me?! That was ridiculous! The kids would wake up in a few hours and I was right at the end, so I just had to finish it! So at 7:35 this morning I finished reading the first book. And I have to admit that I enjoyed reading it! I wasn't super impressed with the writing and lack of creativity with the descriptions and such but obviously that wasn't too distracting or I would have put it down at some point! And I'm proud to say that I have not been sucked into the Edward fantasies that I've heard everyone from 12 to 45 talking about! That may be because I miss my husband so much that all I could picture in my mind was Peter as I read about Edward. But I was expecting much more distraction after I finished. That being said, I am planning on getting my hands on the next book today and try to finish it before Peter gets home on Monday (but hopefully not all in one sitting!)Saturday, August 23, 2008
Twilight
Alright, well I guess I should finish blogging the second half of our hiking trip which was equally as amazing as the first half, if not even more so! However I have to take a brief detour! Last night we had our Friday night babysitting co-op and since Peter was out of town I wasn't sure how I was going to spend my time and thought of coming home and cleaning and blogging, but decided to get a few back to school things for the kids instead and then while at Target I stumbled upon the book Twilight. It was only $8 for the paperback and I've been SOOO curious what the rage was all about, and since Peter was out of town I figured it was the best time to get sucked into a book! So I bought it at 9:30pm and read the first few chapters. Then I picked the kids up at 10 and got them settled into bed and thought I'd read some more since I've had such a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep while Peter's not home. So I picked it back up at 10:30 and started to read. I remember at one point thinking, "Wow, I've read a lot already!" and then quickly returning to the pages. Well after awhile I yawned and thought that I'd better check on the time. Well when I got up to walk into the kitchen to see what time it was I noticed DAYLIGHT coming through the windows! No way!! It was 6:37 am!!!! Are you kidding me?! That was ridiculous! The kids would wake up in a few hours and I was right at the end, so I just had to finish it! So at 7:35 this morning I finished reading the first book. And I have to admit that I enjoyed reading it! I wasn't super impressed with the writing and lack of creativity with the descriptions and such but obviously that wasn't too distracting or I would have put it down at some point! And I'm proud to say that I have not been sucked into the Edward fantasies that I've heard everyone from 12 to 45 talking about! That may be because I miss my husband so much that all I could picture in my mind was Peter as I read about Edward. But I was expecting much more distraction after I finished. That being said, I am planning on getting my hands on the next book today and try to finish it before Peter gets home on Monday (but hopefully not all in one sitting!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
lol, welcome to the world of Twilight. I love the books but have never had any Edward fantasies or whatever, but enjoy them! That is so funny that you stayed up all night, I hope you can take a nap today.
that is insane! don't do that again! I actually like to savor them a bit. and as for not falling in love with Edward - well I really can't relate to you there. sigh....
Haha! You to huh? I think everyone who has read the book has stayed up way too late at some point!
Post a Comment