Thursday, September 11, 2008

Barbie Bubble Bath

So a little preface: about 3 months ago one of the kids found some scissors and decided to cut one little snip into each one of my throw pillows that go on the couch in the front room. Nice! I meant to sew them up but life happened so I never got around to it and since then I've been finding little fluff balls all over the house. Well just before dinner tonight I walked into the front room where Nathan and Emily were happily playing Barbies (yes, I let my son play with Barbies! It keeps him happy and keeps Emily happy to have a playmate!) and I look at the couch and find a pillow with it's guts spilled all over the couch and nearby a Barbie bathtub with a naked barbie in it surrounded with pillow fluff. I tried so hard not to laugh as I turned to Emily, "Oh no! Emily what did you do?" her reply was classic! "But mom, her mom told her she needed to take a bath and she wanted a Bubble Bath! I needed some bubbles for her! She's just taking a Bubble Bath mom!" So creative to empty pillow fluff to make a bubble bath for your Barbie! Man I love being a mom!

8 comments:

kelly said...

Fantastic creativity!

Christi said...

You are so good. How did you not get mad? Wow.

Tara Rickards said...

Haha! Now that was one I'd never heard before! Creative!!!

Kelly Louder said...

Never a dull moment huh! That cracks me up.

ToddandCamille said...

I love it, that is hilarious, kids are so funny!

Jan said...

Your hike looked fun, your kids are adorable, and we sure miss you guys!

~H said...

oh my heavens!! That is classic!! I love it! That will be one she will hear about all of her life! SO CUTE! :) Sorry it's been so long since we have been blogging... We have decided we are going to do better! I love your new blog by the way! You need to give me some tips! :)
Janelle.... before i forget, Bryan and I need your address.... is that possible? :)

missy d said...

That is so funny! I miss you guys and your cute little kids!! Hope all is well!