So we just bought some bunk beds for the girls on ebay and we put them together last night! We were originally going to wait to get bunk beds until we found out what our next baby was (boy or girl) so we knew which room they were going to go in. But we are NOT pregnant and it seemed like way too far away! So we decided just to get them for the girls room now and give Nathan the toddler bed that Emily has been sleeping in. And I'm SOOO excited about it! For some reason it makes our next baby feel so much closer! I know I'm lame and eternally baby hungry but STILL!
So they got her yesterday and I had Peter help me carry them upstairs and then I set to work in taking down Maddie's bed and pulling out Emily's toddler bed and eventually setting up the new bunk beds! I LOVE putting things together like this! I put Maddie's birthday bike together by myself and our kitchen table and chairs and anything else I can get my hands on! I just like it! So I needed Peter's help to lift the top bunk up into place but other than that I did it all. The girls kept coming in to check on my progress and we finally finished at a out 7pm. Well since Emily was only in a toddler bed we didn't have a twin mattress for her so I decided that I had to run out and pick her up a mattress. I took the girls with me and we got a mattress and then stopped by Target to get some sheets and then we came home and made up their beds and they HAPPILY went to bed!

And then today I set to work taking down the crib and bringing in the toddler bed for Nathan. Well after an hour long struggle with some blasted wood plugs (the kind that cover the holes where the screws go in) I finally got it down. OK I was SOOOO frustrated with these stupid wood plugs!! The hole that they were covering was about 4 inches deep with the screw at the very back of it and the wood plugs were just tiny, like maybe 1/4 of an inch. So as I tried to get them out they kept slipping farther back into the hole!!! GRRRR!!! So after trying everything to get it out so I could access the screw to take the crib apart I finally got a drill and just blasted through the dumb thing!!! It was nothing but sawdust when it finally came out! Wuah-Haa-Haa (evil bad guy laugh) that oughta teach it to mess with me! ANYWAY! So I got the crib down and brought in the toddler bed just in time for Nathan's nap. He was SOOOO excited when I showed it to him with his blankets on it (he loves his blankies)! He started to giggle and jumped up on it and laid right down! Success!! So when he woke up from his nap he looked like this:
...and when I told him it was time to go downstairs and play he looked like this:
Sweet boy! He just wanted to stay with his new bed! I think he was still tired though too!So then I called Canon and was trying to work out some bugs with my camera which doesn't seem to want to focus and took a few pictures of my sweet girls as I was trying to figure out what was wrong and they were just too cute not to post!

K what's up with Emily NEVER looking at the camera when I take her picture (okay not never but at least 80% of the time she's looking off to the side!) She's so funny!
I said something to Emily about how the light from the window looked so pretty on her face and Madeline instantly jumped up to be by the window and struck the same pose as Emily was in when I said that! Funny girl!
3 comments:
love the beds. looks like fun!
I love the bunk beds, they look so cute. The toddler bed looks fun too, we have never used one before, I think I like it!!
We have Tyler and Nicole in the same room, both in toddler beds! Ben wants to get bunk beds (we already have two twin mattresses) but their room is really small. Let me know how you like them!
Post a Comment