Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snow Shoeing

My mom decided to make a last minute trip up to visit and we had a lot of fun! She got to come to Maddie's Choir Practice (still looking for more kids ages 4-8 for the Beginning Choir! Enrollment ends January 31st) and Tyler's Karate Practice and we hit Old Navy for their huge 50% off all clearance items and got some great deals. And then on Friday we went Snowshoeing up Provo Canyon. It was so beautiful. We got a late start so there was not much sun but it was so fun and a great workout! There were a ton of streams with really neat frozen roots and sticks in them and the coolest thing was the snow. It looked like grass or coconut with feathers on the edges! It was amazing and I'd never seen anything like it!
Here's my mom and I in my Mom's super cool snow shoes that she brought up!
Here is one of the many frozen roots arrangements along the banks of the streams

This doesn't really show the cool texture of the snow! I took a better picture the next day in the sun (that I'll post later)
Some of the beautiful scenery

Me trying to pretend that I'm not stuck in the snow up to my thighs! It was a really fun afternoon followed by an equally fun evening and Saturday morning!

1 comment:

Steve and Cyndi said...

Those aren't the same snow shoes that used to hang above your fireplace are they? I remember a pair that used to hang on the wall from when we were little. I always thought it would be SO MUCH FUN to go snow shoeing! It's funny that I remember that, because I still want to try it out some day!

Also, love the picture of you stuck in the snow! Your beanie is so cute!