Friday, February 13, 2009

Dance Party, Emily Fashion, & a Visitor

Last week the kids were being really good and they helped clean up the house really well so I told them that before bed we could have a High School Musical Dance Party! Tyler LOVES High School Musical and fast forwards through most of the movie to get to the songs. His favorite is "Bet on It" from the second movie. He often turns it on in the morning while he's eating his cereal and will dance around for awhile before school! So anyway. The kids were so excited about it and looked so cute all together that I had to take a few pictures of them:


Earlier that day Emily displayed another fabulously creative outfit. She insisted on dressing herself and doing her own hair, and this was the end result:

She's holding a frozen corn dog in her hand and was waiting for her turn at the microwave to cook it when we took this picture. Then this next one of her and Maddie was taken AFTER she'd eaten her corn dog and she still has Ketchup all over her face!

Here's a cute picture that we took of Nathan a few days ago. He LOVES to go outside and after dinner we were all jammied up getting ready to go to bed and Nathan decided he was going to go outside to play. His shoes weren't by the door so he decided he'd just use my boots! We caught him just before he went out, and he just looked so cute!

Nathan has figured out how to open doors and is resisting naps and bedtime now that he can just open the door and get out! We just bought those plastic knob covers and are hoping that will keep him in there. But it's been kind of an adventure. I've put locks on the pantry door and Peter's office door and now knob covers on his bedroom door and on the bathroom doors. We'll see how that holds him!

We also had a last minute visit from my mom who has been hitching a ride with my Grandparents quite a bit recently. My Grandparents actually bought a house in the same cul-de-sac as my Aunt Diane right across the freeway from us! They are going to transition over gradually in the next year or so, while they try to sell their house in California and build up a little more business here in Utah. They will be coming up every few months and staying for a week or so, and so we'll get to see them a lot more. AND that means a possibility of more visits from my mom who helps my Grandpa drive since my Grandma can't drive anymore. SO! We're excited about that! I didn't get any pictures of this last visit with my mom. But we had a great time. The kids were completely surprised! We didn't tell them, since we found out after they were already in bed. Tyler woke up in the morning and while he was eating breakfast he said,

"Mom, I think I heard Grandma DaNae come into our house last night and whisper, 'can you help me with my bags'. It sounded really real. But I think I was dreaming because there is no car outside. It was probably a dream, because Grandma wasn't coming to visit. But it REALLY sounded real."

So I told him that after he brushed his teeth and got ready for school he could go check in the basement, just to make sure. He got ready and went downstairs and a few seconds later I heard him RACING back upstairs and he exclaimed,

"MOM! She really IS here!! I have the best hearing in the UNIVERSE!! I was ASLEEP and I heard her WHISPERING downstairs! Isn't that AMAZING!?"

He told me that he saw her hair from under a white blanket in the basement. Then he went and told Maddie and they both snuck downstairs and stood on the bottom step and just looked at her for a minute and came back up to tell me all about it. Then they got Emily and Nathan and they ALL went down and looked at her sleeping and came running back up, this time it was Nathan who was calling excitedly to me,

"Mommy, Mommy! Gramma Nae Here! Gramma Nae downstairs! Gramma Nae Seeping!"

So cute! They finally decided it was time to wake her up and all smothered her with hugs and kisses before Tyler went off to school. Anyway. It was fun to have her here and the kids were sad to see her go.

No comments: