So a few weeks ago my Father in law sent me a link to a new church website for kids. Click here to see it. Kids can print and color pages, or color them on the computer and look through stories from the friends and play games from the friend online. You can also listen to the stories from the friend be read to you and look at slide shows of pictures from each issue. It's so great! Well I was browsing around the church website and I found something else that I LOVE! Click here to see the illustrated scripture stories and choose from simply viewing them online, or listening to them online, or watching a video where they show a slide show of each picture from the book as a happy voice reads to you! What a great resource for Family Home Evening, or family scripture reading or just free time on the computer or what about using the printable coloring pages for teaching primary lessons, or to keep kids entertained with something uplifting during church. I love that the church is finding ways to use the Internet for good. And they know that SO many of our kids these days spend so much time on the computer (Tyler is on the computer as often as we will allow him to be) and this is such a great way to give them something GOOD to do on there. I love it!
Also an update on my GEIKO parenting. It's been really great. I've been playing cars and soccer with Nathan, Barbies and princesses with Emily, reading more books and water painting with Maddie and reading and just talking with Tyler. We've also done some fun trips for ice cream or car washes and other fun dates. The kids have loved have my full attention and listening to them talk and tell stories. It's been so great. I feel like I'm a better mother even though I did all of these things before. It came in tiny snippets or huge blocks of time. I feel like there is more balance as I sit all throughout the day with each one of them and give them ALL of me for 15 minutes, and it has often spilled over a little longer because I've decided that other things can wait. It's been really really nice and it is making a difference in the overall feeling in our home and the stress and demand for attention. Look how cute my kids were! I love these 2 pictures of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment