Monday, May 25, 2009

Liberty Land and Pregnancy Update

Peter's Mom works at BYU and somehow managed some free all day passes for all of her family (including her grandkids and daughter's in law) to Liberty Land which is like a small amusement park/miniature golf course. The kids had SUCH a great time! We rode the Carousel

and Bumper Boats

and a small roller coaster

and a pirate ship and froggy drop zone ride and played on some blow up slides

and saw some super cool animals. There was a snake that was 14 feet long and weighed 110 lbs

and a huge tortoise. So much fun!

There was also a live band playing and the girls had a blast dancing while we waited in line for the bumper boats. Aren't they so cute?



I love my sweet little family. I should probably update on my pregnancy too. I've been having A LOT of contractions and they've been getting pretty painful. In fact yesterday I couldn't teach my Primary class because I was just too uncomfortable with all of my back labor. I sat through Sharing Time but then our sweet Primary President saw how miserable I was and asked if we could send my class with another teacher so I could rest. Those metal chairs were just too much for me. I ended up sitting in the foyer on the soft chairs and listening to the other ward's sacrament meeting. All day yesterday I had to make sure that none of the kids touched me or bumped into me because it just hurt too much. Driving out to Peter's parents for dinner was an adventure too, just with all of the bumps and turns of the car ride and I was about to die by the time we got there. I'm not quite 34 weeks yet. So I'm going to have my Doctor check at my next appointment to make sure nothing is happening yet. Although I'm pretty sure I HAVE started dilating. So I guess we'll see where we go from here. With the other 4 kids once I start dilating it still takes me several weeks (3 or 4) before I have the babies, and I can sit at 3 cm for several weeks, so I'm not too worried about carrying him full term, but something in the back of my mind makes me think that I shouldn't be too confident in that. I'm writing everything off as normal for me although this time has been different than the other kids in that my contractions started 10 1/2 weeks early instead of 6 weeks early and they were immediately 2-5 minutes apart instead of 5-10 minutes apart and they have been painful and involved a lot of back labor which didn't start with my other kids until a few weeks before they were born. So I don't know. I'm not planning on going early because I haven't with any of the other kids, but I don't know how in the world I could manage doing THIS for the next 6 weeks! It's never been so painful this early, so I guess we'll see.

2 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

I'm pretty sure I would not be getting so close and cozy with that snake--yikes!

Dawn Harvey said...

What totally amazes me, Janelle, is that you can talk about your pain in such a casual way. I think I would be freaking out and going crazy. You really are an amazing woman. I just marvel every time I read your blog. I just think, how in the world does she do what she does?....I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I know EXACTLY how you feel and it's miserable. It's all worth it in the end, but it's a few weeks of complete torture! Good luck with it all. Please let me know what this far away friend can do for you, if you ever need. Love, Dawn