Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Women's Conference at BYU

Alright folks, who's ready for some ginormous pictures of me and my belly? Wow! I'm exactly 30 weeks along in these pictures.

Well, my mom and sisters came up for Women's Conference at BYU this last week and we had a great time! I literally collapsed into bed each night and dragged myself out the next morning and spent Saturday and Sunday sitting on my ever increasingly large backside trying to recover from all of the walking mixed with long periods of sitting and also experienced my first episodes of massive amounts of water retention that led to seriously voluptuous lips and the worst case of "cankles" (calf/ankles merging together at some unrecognizable point) you've ever seen, but it was worth it! As always I came out feeling "full" (and not just full of a baby or full of massive amounts of water). I always take good notes while I'm there because when life gets going again I can go back and remember all of the things that I learned and wanted to implement and work hard at. I'm so so SO grateful for my dear sweet husband who had the kids from 5pm until about 11:30pm when we got home on Thursday and then took off work on Friday to take care of kids ALL DAY!! Both days we came home to a clean house and happy kids. And it wasn't just my 4 sweet kids either. Jen and Tara both brought their youngest and Tara brought along Jessica (her almost 10 year old daughter) to help out. That means that my Super Star Husband took care of an 18 month old, a 2 year old, two 4 year olds, a 5 year old, a 7 year old and a 10 year old and managed to feed them all and keep them entertained AND keep the house clean! Seriously, who's in charge of handing out the "Husband of the Year" awards, because he SO gets one!! The kids LOVED having their cousins around and had a blast together! I wish I would have taken pictures of them, of course I wasn't here much with them since I was gone for two full days! But we had a great time. Here's a few pictures of all of us getting a little silly. This first one is of me, my mom, and my sisters Jen & Tara. (Doesn't my mom's elbow placement accentuate my belly quite nicely? Yikes!!) We were told to "be sassy" and this is the result:


Here's Rachel, my aunt Diane (mom's sister), my mom, me, Jen, Tara and Jen's friend Tiffany. We also had my friend Tori with us for the first day and my cousin Tawna for part of both days and my sister in law Katie for part of both days and of course we ran into a gazillion people from Fresno and everywhere else. It was really a lot of fun.


This is what happens when the sisters get together. We all get a little crazy! Usually it only gets absurd late at night, but we were running on so little sleep, that it felt like the middle of the night to us, so we were sleep deprived and a little slap happy... and a little nutsy by nature I guess!

I'm so glad you guys were able to come up! It was so much fun to be together for some girl time!

2 comments:

justjen said...

Janelle, I am so glad we waited our turn and took the opportunity by our blossom tree! These pics are so fun adn really do capture the silliness of the moment! Your husband definitely gets the award and a huge thank you from Tara and I! So much fun!

Marylin said...

This is gonna sound strange but I think I saw you guys taking those pictures cause I too was at Women's Conference. I love woman's conf.!