Tuesday, June 2, 2009

34 Week Belly Shot and more!

Here is my enormous Belly shot for my 34th week of pregnancy. I went into the doctor last week and he told me that I was 30% effaced and the baby was at a -2 station but I wasn't dilating yet. It was reassuring to know that the contractions that I'd been having have been slightly productive and they are not ONLY my annoying painful "irritable uterus" contractions that don't change the cervix at all. I'd been a little worried that the contractions WERE in fact real labor contractions and because I went 3 full days having them about 2 minutes apart even while laying down resting for MOST of the day, that little Logan might make his debut a little TOO early. But the contractions settled down a bit and haven't been AS painful or consistent (they've been about 5 to 10 minutes apart) and my doctor said that he wasn't concerned and that the baby was doing fine and I was doing fine and that he wasn't going to try to stop the labor because even when I do go into full blown labor it takes me so long to get there. He seems confident that he'll be born before his due date and that he won't have to induce me on the 2nd (39 weeks) like we've planned. So we'll see how it plays out. I'm relieved to know, like I said that the contractions are doing something and I'm not in pain for no reason. I can labor all month if I know it's bringing me closer to having my baby, I just can't have the irritable uterus ones knowing that they hurt just as bad and they aren't progressing things at all. I know that even though probably half of my contractions ARE my IU ones, I like to pretend that they are ALL helping so I can bare it a little easier. Anyway! There's the baby update. I'm praying that he'll come around June 25th (38 weeks) so feel free to pray for me to have him then as well! I'll take all the help I can get!

In other news, I got EVERYTHING done for the baby! I've got all of his clothes and blankets and burp cloths washed and folded and hung up and put in their places and Maddie and I set up the crib yesterday and I have 4 packs of newborn diapers in his closet and I bought bottles and formula the last time I went to the store (I can't breastfeed my babies and that's a whole OTHER story and probably not very blog appropriate so we'll just leave it at that). I've also been decluttering and organizing and cleaning and trying to shake this nesting instinct the best that I can. We even set up a bed in the basement for my mom when she comes to stay when he's born. She's always slept on the couch in the basement when she comes to visit but we have an extra bed in the storage unit and decided that we'd just set it up for her. I've boxed all of the clothes (FINALLY) that have been sitting in my kids closets (stuffed into my kids closets is more like it) that no longer fit them. I have SIX plastic bins full of clothes in my hallway upstairs waiting to be brought down to storage in the basement. That's sad! I've been SO behind in that and if feels SOOOoooo good to have it organized. I also have a ton of stuff for DI. So I've been really really productive the last several days which means that of course I've been feeling pretty miserable but it's worth it. I feel content to sit at the computer for a good chunk of the day today scrapbooking and blogging and reading and watching the trailer for the new Twilight movie.

Well last night my mother in law called to tell me that she and my sister in law Jessica were coming over to bring me something! And this is what they brought:
The boys room is "Americana" themed and so they made a quilt and bumper pads and a crib skirt and two cute little pillow wall hangers. Isn't it SOOOO cute?! I'm so excited! It was so fun to have a new set to put on the crib! And they did SUCH a good job on it! I can't wait to put little Logan to sleep in there!

So last week Nathan had been out playing with the neighbor kids and I'd been mostly watching from the window (the older kids as well as several other moms were outside with them so I wasn't really worried about him) and they were playing with sidewalk chalk. After awhile I waddled outside to round up my kids and bring them in for dinner. Nathan was covered in purple and green and yellow and pink sidewalk chalk and I started to wipe it off of his face and some of it just wouldn't come off! So I looked a little closer and realized that it wasn't chalk it was a BLACK EYE!!! What?!
I'd had the window open so that when I wasn't watching him out the window from my couch I could at least hear him to make sure he didn't cry or cause problems or get hit by a truck or something tragic! And he didn't cry, not once!! So after patting myself on the back for receiving the "best mother in the world" award I started asking questions. "Nathan what happened to your eye?", a look of 'oh yeah!' crossed his face and he kind of squinted his eyes and said, "Me bonked!" "WHERE did you bonk?", "on mine eye", "What did you bonk it on?" And this is where the story changed every time I asked. First it was "on Addi's fence", then it was "on Addi's wall" and then it was "on Addi's truck" and then it was "on Addi's floor". So I'm guessing that sometime while he was playing in our neighbor Addi's backyard he got this black eye, but Madeline and Emily were both with him the whole time and they BOTH said that he didn't cry the whole time they were there and that he never got hurt! So I guess I'll never know HOW Nathan got his first shiner!

Last week we got to go to our neighborhood clubhouse pool for the first time too. The kids had a BLAST! I couldn't find my maternity swimsuit and decided that I was glad and that I really didn't want to grace the neighborhood with so much of my pregnat self exposed, I'll stay a little more covered up until there isn't quite so much of me to share!
Emily was a little nervous to get in without me holding her so she splashed on the steps. It took Nathan a minute to warm up to the water but then he was smitten with it and threw a tantrum when we had to leave.

And here is a DARLING picture of Emily that I took this afternoon. She's actually looking at the camera and she has the sweetest smile and I just love it! She's such a doll. We love our sweet little Emily.

4 comments:

kelly said...

That's pretty amazing that your babies can wear newborn diapers, and 4 packs! Peyton was the only baby of mine that fit into newborn and she only made it through 2 packs. You look adorable and great job on the organizing.

Tami said...

woo hoo! that pregnancy went fast! such fun getting all ready and excited. i love all the organizing and what not that goes with new baby. i'm a bit of a nerd that way. and that crib is so cute. good luck! we'll be thinking of you and Ehat #5!! holy cow...

Marylin said...

I love the last weeks of pregnancy when you get so many things organized!! Good for you! I have dumb contractions like that too and it really is annoying when they don't do anything! Well you look so cute with that ball shoved up your shirt!!

Oh and I LOVE the bedding, how sweet of them!!

Cyndi W said...

Sweet Janelle, I Have had 6, yes 6 kids and I think each and every contraction helps you tell me how they know which do and which don't. It is our bodies...they sure feel like they are helping don't they? I will keep you in our prayers. I love his beautiful setup in his room what a talented Mother-in-law you have to make such wonderful things.
You are the very best Mother, look at all the amazing activities you do with and for your children, you are one of those Moms that could have 10 kids and they would all be happy. Regarding your little Nathans black eye, trust me if he's a typical boy as I'm sure you well know by now, it won't be his first bump or bruise. You are so lucky to live in such a safe place were you can send him out with your sweet daughters to watch out for him, and what sweet girls to take care of him, especially since Mom needs a rest now and then.
I about laughed my head off when you said you couldn't find your maternity swimsuit, that is definitely something I would have hoped for as well had I have been so close to having a baby...trust me Janelle you look absolutely beautiful! Love, Cyndi
Last but not least I LOVE the picture of Emily smiling at the camera, I look forward to seeing that on a scrapbook page were I'm sure it will find it's way