Friday, June 5, 2009

Madeline's Piano Recital


Madeline had her very first piano recital this week and she did such a great job! We are so proud of her. Madeline has been playing the piano by ear for the last few years. She'd come home from Primary and start playing the songs that they sang that day. She would start by singing the first few notes and then trying a few keys on the piano until she found the one that matched the pitch she sang. Then from there it all comes pretty quickly! We have decided that we would only have the kids in one extracurricular activity at a time and she was already in choir so we weren't going to put her in, and I was just going to work with her on my own. Well, for a ward auction we won a free month of piano lessons from a lady in our ward and then after talking with her we found out that she was looking for someone to watch her kids while she taught piano lessons. So we ended up doing a swap. I watched her kids for a few hours once a week and in turn she gave Maddie free piano lessons, it worked out great! Madeline LOVES playing the piano and spends a LOT of time on it picking out songs from choir or primary or that she's heard on the radio or on movies or something. It's really fun to watch her and she is such a talented little girl. Anyway! Enjoy the short video of her two songs from her very first piano recital ever!

3 comments:

Cyndi W said...

Madeline is so cute and did such a wonderful job. I'm so glad you decided to make the swap, what a shame it would have been to have missed out on something she obviously enjoys so much. Way to go Madeline!

~H said...

What a cute little piano player!! She's got talent! I hope Makyla wants to learn I LOVE the piano! Janelle thank you so much for your friendship! You are so wonderful! I hope you are feeling well! Are you guys getting excited for little Logan? We are so excited for you guys! keep us posted and let us know what we can do to help!

Catherine said...

How can I encourage my children to be that driven?

Seriously? Tell me.