Here goes another huge post of the past month all in one foul swoop! This one has a few funny little stories mixed in! Enjoy!
This was Emily on September 4th. Peter was taking Tyler and a few of his friends and Nathan to the school to play football and Emily REALLY wanted to go. She came downstairs wearing her favorite pink dress and a baseball hat and pink knee socks and some tennis shoes SO disappointed when I told her that it was a special trip for the boys. When Peter came up and saw how adorable she looked and how appropriately she was dressed he just HAD to let her come! Here was her reaction! So cute! We love you Emily!
This was Emily on September 4th. Peter was taking Tyler and a few of his friends and Nathan to the school to play football and Emily REALLY wanted to go. She came downstairs wearing her favorite pink dress and a baseball hat and pink knee socks and some tennis shoes SO disappointed when I told her that it was a special trip for the boys. When Peter came up and saw how adorable she looked and how appropriately she was dressed he just HAD to let her come! Here was her reaction! So cute! We love you Emily!
I have to share a cute Emily story too! To start I have to give a little background. In our family we have a special way of saying I love you that the kids love! We squeeze the kids hands three times (once for each word in 'I Love You') and then they respond with four squeezes for 'I love you too'. Well several weeks ago we were sitting at the dinner table and Peter was telling me how funny it was Emily always counted outloud when she squeezes back her response. So he showed me by squeezing her hand three times and sure enough she whispered loudly, "one, two, free, fow". We all laughed and then he did it again and she responded the same way and we laughed again. Well on the third time after she whisper counted her response, we laughed and she smiled and said, "Yeah, that's how you say, 'I love you too' in SPANISH!" So cute!
And a few nights ago she had a bad dream and came into our room. I was downstairs feeding Logan and when I came back up I picked her up (she was asleep) and started to carry her back to her room. When we got to the door she mumbled something that sounded like "Freaky", so I asked her what she said. And she said, "Mom can I still sleep in your woom so I won't be so Fweaked out?" I chuckled and said, Of course! Then I laid her on the bed next to me and put my arm under her head and snuggled with her until I was pretty sure she was asleep again and then I gently pulled my arm out from under her and rolled over. She sat straight up and said, "Mom, will you put your awm back like that? It helps me to not feel Fweaked out." She is such a funny girl! We love our little Emmy Pie! Here's a picture of her with little Logan a few days before she started Preschool:
She was being so cute and she wanted so bad for me to video her so we did and here is some of her cuteness for your viewing pleasure! Just Kidding! I guess you can't add videos anymore! At least the button to do it that I've used in the past isn't on the toolbar anymore! Bummer. I'll try to figure it out and post a few cute videos of the kids.
This is Nathan and his very best friend Braiden who lives a few doors down. They spend almost every day almost ALL day riding bikes and playing cars together! Such cute boys!
A quick little Nathan story: last week we were driving in the car and we passed a squished skunk in the road. Nathan was in the back seat and he said, "Ewwww!! Mom, what's dat stinky stink?!" I told him that there was a dead skunk in the road and I asked him if it smelled yucky, to which he responded, "Ya! Maybe we should wash our noses so da skunk won't stink us anymore!" You gotta love kid logic! So cute!
And here's our sweet Emily on her first day of Preschool. She was SO excited and told me exactly which clothes she wanted to wear and how she wanted her hair done. My mom was here visiting and Emily was so excited to have Grandma walk her to her first day of Preschool.
One morning before Emily went to preschool we went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with my mom and my sister in law Jen and her little Britta. We had a lot of fun. It was so funny trying to get a picture of my mom with all of the kids (only 4 of her 14 Grandkids)! The kids just wanted to play and were not at all interested in taking pictures! Oh well, here's a few snapshots of us while we were there:
I found a little soccer uniform in Logan's 3-6 month clothes that I forgot we had, so I put it on him when we went to one of Peter's soccer games!
Sweet little Logan is growing up way too fast! He's completely grown out of his 0-3 month clothes and is now wearing size 3 diapers! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! These pictures of him were taken on September 17th.
My friend Shiloam has a daughter who is Nathan's age who thinks that Logan is her baby! She tells her mom regularly that she needs to come and see "My Yogan". So cute. Well one Saturday they walked over so that Courtney could get her "Yogan" fill. Here's a cute picture of the two of them:
And here he is last Sunday with Peter's Grandparents (Gma and Gpa Jay):
Every child and grandchild and great grandchild has had the pleasure of sitting in this special seat on Grandpa Jay's lap! We sure love Grandma and Grandpa Jay and we feel so blessed that the kids have been able to spend so much time with them and feel how much they are loved by their Great Grandparents. What a blessing to have them in our lives! They are really some of the neatest people ever!
That was our September in a nutshell!











No comments:
Post a Comment