Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tyler's Baptism

So way back in October Tyler turned 8 and was baptized. I blogged about his birthday, but never got around to doing a post on his baptism. On the morning of Halloween, Tyler had the opportunity to be baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We were so proud of Tyler for making the choice to be baptized. It was such a special day for Tyler especially but for me as well. Having my first child old enough to be baptized was quite a milestone for me to reach. It was the sweetest experience watching him enter the water in the baptismal font and smile so big that it looked like he was glowing with happiness and joy and love! What a special experience! I was reading on my friend Lisa Owen's blog several months ago about her daughter's baptism and I copied some gift ideas from her. On the morning of Tyler's baptism we gave him a CTR ring to help him always remember to Choose The Right and a "Baptism Bag" that was filled with things to remind him about this special day.

We also have him this fun poster board with a bunch of gum on it.

Then we got all ready and went to the church where we had several other kids in our stake being baptized at the same time. We met together for a few talks and songs and then went by wards to the font where each of the kids were baptized. I sat there in the chapel with all of the family that came to support Tyler and we waited for the meeting to start. After a few minutes, Tyler and Peter came walking in all dressed in white. My heart swelled with love for my two boys and I was brought to tears as I saw Tyler all dressed in white. I think I may have caught a small glimpse of what it might be like to go to the temple with one of your children. It's such a special thing for Tyler to have made the choice to be baptized and enter in through the gate and start on the path that will lead him back to his Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that he is such a good boy and that he has such a strong desire to always do what is right. We love Tyler so much and have noticed such a significant change in him as he feels the weight of his choices now that he is fully accountable for them. Here are a few pictures from that special day:

1 comment:

Becca said...

Soooo cute. It's hard to believe our oldest are now baptized. What a special day for you guys! You have a beautiful family.