Friday, March 19, 2010

"Mom!! You are almost THIRTY!!!"

(me in Kindergarten)

This was the first thing that Maddie said to me on my birthday and even though I am still 2 years away from 30 I think it's a magical number for her. She couldn't get over the fact that her dad was ACTUALLY 30 years old and talked about it for months and wrote about it in her journal at school for weeks! So I guess she's counting down for me to arrive too! Peter (and the kids) made me a super yummy breakfast in bed and Maddie and Emily made me a paper birthday crown and a whole bouquet of paper flowers and an array of beautiful birthday cards. My favorite said, "You are the best mom in the world!" and then featured an amazing picture of me with green and blue swirls all over my face depicting of course, water and land because I WAS the world!! Lol! Cutest kids ever! Tyler and Maddie took some fun pictures of all of the kids.

That morning we woke up and everything was covered in snow! It had just been starting to warm up and all of the snow had melted and so the kids were so excited for one last snowstorm before spring! They all wanted to make a snow woman that looked like me for my birthday! So I went out for a run while they worked away. Here's the progress and the finished product. So fun! they even gave her eyelashes, lips and curves!

While I was out admiring their artwork Logan was inside. I left him sitting by the back door and he was watching us. When I came back in I couldn't find him anywhere. I walked around the whole downstairs and finally called for him and I heard a cute little squeal from in the kitchen. I walked in and still couldn't see him anywhere. So I called him again and followed his cute little gibberish to under the computer desk, behind the chair even. When I got down on the floor and asked him what he was doing, he turned around stunned. Of course I had my camera ready because I had to document it! Sweet little boy!!

It was a wonderful relaxing birthday that we wrapped up with dinner at Chili's and a redbox!

(and yes I notice that there are no pictures of me on my birthday post. That is because the only pictures that were taken of me on this day were of me red and sweaty after I got home from my run with the snowman and I thought I'd spare you) I guess I could post a few pictures from when I was little, those are always fun. (These are pictures with me and all of my siblings, I'm the youngest girl)




1 comment:

Amy said...

I think Emily looks just like you!! Darling!