Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blogging... What's that?

So it's been awhile, ya? Almost a month! I've got some catching up to do! Here are some our March Updates:
Logan has been crawling up the stairs. We've put gates up on both sets of stairs but still try to give him chances to "practice" now and then so he learns how to go DOWN since it appears that he's mastered the art of going UP!

One evening Sterling and Katie came out and Tyler and Maddie were attempting to make a parachute out of tissue paper. The combination of my fabulously talented husband with Sterling and Katie made for more fun for the adults than the kids, as they talked technique and weight distribution and things that went over both MY head as well as the kids! In the end we ALL had fun as the parachute was finished and it took it's first flight with a daring Lego soldier attached by the neck! Just one of the silly things that we did, not really blog worthy but it was fun!

Maddie's class at school put on a "Classic Folk Tales" play and Maddie got to play the part of the sly fox in the story of The Gingerbread Man. She did a FABULOUS job and had her lines memorized perfectly and spoke loud enough for everyone in the auditorium to hear and spoke so clearly! It was so much fun to watch her be in the spotlight like that. Sweet girl!

In the midst of a very busy week Nathan decided to turn THREE!! His birthday fell super close to our turn for Friday Night pajama party to be at our house again this year so the pajama party kids got to be our birthday party guests again! It was a lot of fun! We put up streamers all over the house and blew up balloons and hung happy birthday signs and Nathan thought it was so great we might as well have been at Disneyland! Sweet guy! He wanted a Spiderman cake, so we did a web out of frosting and then stuck a Spiderman guy in the middle! He loved it and it was super easy! We sang happy birthday and ate cake and ice cream and had a great time.

The next day we went to Jump On It in the afternoon to extend our birthday celebration a little more. Unfortunately I only got a few pictures of Logan there and no one else but FORTUNATELY I caught these DARLING pictures of him being SO excited about the inflatable bounce houses!

After Jump On It we went out to my Aunt Diane's to celebrate Easter (a week early). My cousins came out and so did both of my brothers and their wives. The kids had a fun Easter egg hunt and we ate a yummy ham dinner and played some games.

While we were there I snapped this CRAZY picture of Logan in an attempt to capture his fangs on film. I laughed so hard I almost cried when I saw it! In fact it is now set as my desktop background because it makes me chuckle whenever I see it!

I also took this sweet picture of my beautiful niece Jocelyn. Isn't she just so precious?! I adore her!
Madeline also had her first Choir performance which was done as a fireside on a Sunday evening. It was so beautiful. It was the Sunday before Easter and the message of the music was so beautiful and inspiring. I love having her in this choir and I'm so glad that she loves it too. I didn't take any pictures of the actual performance since it was in the chapel and didn't seem appropriate but here's a sweet picture of her just before we left. Isn't she so beautiful? She's growing up so fast!
And to finish up March with a few random pictures, here are Emily and Nathan showing off their new clothes that I got for practically free! Kid-to-Kid had a "fill the bag" sale where you can get whatever you can fit in the bag for only $10. I put a ton of clothes and some shoes and things in as well! When I checked out I had $92 of stuff for only $10. NICE!! I let Nathan pick out a few things because I figured it was free at that point since the first 3 things that I put in the bag were over $10 in value. In this picture he is modeling his favorite find, his dinosaur shirt!

And here is sweet little Logan just exploring under the kitchen table. Whenever I can't find him (because he is FAST and so curious and can often be found hiding under the computer desk or under the piano bench or between the couch and the wall in the family room) I just have to call for him and he calls back to me! Then when I find him he squeals and flaps his arms and crawls away as fast as he can! Such a fun little game of hide and seek! Cute little guy!


No comments: