Sweet Little Emmy Pie turned 5 years old and couldn't have POSSIBLY have been more excited about it! She's been counting down for WEEKS and was THRILLED to wake up on her birthday and be able to actually say that she was five years old now! She got to open a few presents in the morning before school (a new dress and some jewelry) and she also got to bring the snacks to preschool which she very specifically requested be "the kinds of little donuts that come wrapped up in plastic." And she even got a special birthday crown from her teacher!

As soon as preschool was over we picked her up and drove down to the mall to Build-A-Bear Workshop which she has been talking about for over a year! It was her one gift request! She picked out a cute bear and a ballerina dress and even got to help stuff it and put a heart inside it and wash it and get it all ready to come home! She was in HEAVEN! She named her Brooke and hasn't left her side since!

That evening we headed back to Classic Fun Center in Sandy for another round of fun! I realized that afternoon that I'd forgotten to make her Tinkerbell cake that she'd requested so it was off to the store to buy a Tinkerbell cake! Of course she loved it just as much as she would have if I would have made it so it turned out just fine! The kids had so much fun!



A few cute Emily stories:
March 2009 "Emily gave the talk in Primary and instead of saying 'in the doctrine and covenants...' she said, 'in doctors and presidents...'"
April 2009 (She often pronounces "L" and sometimes "R" as a "Y") "Tonight Emily was saying the bedtime family prayer and she said, '...and pyease byess daddy... umm... dat he... uh... Dat he won't pick any c-yazy yookin' f-yowers.. and byess me dat when baby Yogan is born dat I will be able to hold him and dat he will not fall out of my yittle arms... and byess me to have good dyeams about my birthday and about a fire truck that is red and help me to drink my water..."
May 2009 "Emily has been trying really hard recently to pronounce things correctly and she told me the other day at lunch, 'Mom, you know how I say apple juice? I say it apple duece!'
September 2009 "Peter squeezes the kids hands three times and they know that it means 'I Love You' (one squeeze for each word) and then they squeeze back four times for 'I love you too'. Well every time Emily squeezes Peter's hand back 4 times she whisper counts outloud to make sure she squeezed it the right number of times. Peter was showing me how cute it was that she did this and after watching their little interchange I responded with a little smile and Emily said, 'Yeah, that's how you say I love you too in Spanish!"
September 2009 "Emily had a bad dream and she came into our bed to snuggle with Peter while I was downstairs feeding Logan. When I came back up I put Logan in his bed and then started to carry sleeping Emily back to her bed. When we got to the door she mumbled sleepily, 'Can I stay in your room so I'm not so fweaked out?' I chuckled to myself and said of course! I carried her back to our bed and laid down beside her with one of my arms under her head and with my other hand I tickled her back and played with her hair. When I was pretty sure she'd fallen asleep I took my arm out from under her and rolled over. She sat straight up and said, 'Mom will you put your arm back like that? It helps me to not feel fweaked out." (FYI- fweaked out = freaked out)
November 2009 "Grandma DaNae took Emily and Nathan to Carl's Jr. and as Emily was eating french fries dipped in fry sauce she said, "OH Grandma! These fries are DELICIOUS in this skin colored sauce!" (for those of you not from Utah, fry sauce is mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together)
Some scrapbook pages that give a pretty good feel for her personality:







There has never been a more curious, creative, energetic, silly, giggly, joyful and wonderful girl than Emily Mae! We love you so much Emily! You really do brighten our lives and make the world a happier place to be in - one crazy outfit and exciting story at a time!


2 comments:
So cute! Loved to read about your little girl, and I love the name choice for the bear! Brooke is my youngest name: )
Fun fun fun! Is it crazy to think that she will be in Kindergarten. She is just a character and so fun to read about.
Post a Comment