I started a weight loss blog about a month ago to keep track of what I'm eating how much I weigh and what exercise I'm doing each day. I thought it would be a good way to keep me on track and keep me accountable for what I'm eating and what I'm doing (or not doing) to get in shape. I also started a weight class around the same time and so I'm keeping track of all of the things that I am learning there too.
Anyway, I didn't really want to tell people about the blog yet because I post my weight and I wasn't sure I wanted to share that with the whole world wide web! But here goes nothing! Just to put things into perspective, in High School I weighed about 130 and I was super skinny and had no muscles! I weighed 138 lbs when I got married, and still had zero muscles! I put on roughly 85 lbs when I was pregnant with Tyler (yes, my friends if you do the math you will see that I weighed about 223 lbs at my very heaviest). After I had Tyler I got down to about 165 lbs and then gained 19 lbs when I was pregnant with Maddie (184 lbs), got back down to 165, gained 18 lbs when I was pregnant with Emily (183 lbs), and then got down to 152 lbs right before we went to Italy in 2006. Brought home a little souvenir and gained 65 lbs when I was pregnant with Nathan despite my exercise and good eating habits before and during my pregnancy (back up to 217 lbs). After I had Nathan I got down to 165 again and then got pregnant with Logan and gained 25 lbs (190 lbs). I got back down to 165 fairly quickly after he was born but then put back on about 10 lbs or so and then lost about 5 and ended the year at around 172 lbs. I'd been exercising on and off and had been eating really well and even went on a "sweets fast" with my mother in law and sister in law for awhile! But no more weight was coming off. Well, since I'm feeling more and more sure that we are done having kids, I'm feeling more and more motivated to get rid all of my baby fat!
So January of course brought the usual New Years Resolution to exercise consistently and eat healthy and loose weight. Mine also included Run a Marathon and achieve my ultimate goal weight of 145 lbs (maybe 140 if I'm feeling SUPER ambitious for my height and build 130 looked somewhat anorexic and 138 was better but I still had no muscle at that weight, so I'm thinking 140 to 145 is about right for me). I started doing P90X and Turbo Jam and weights and running on the treadmill and Tae Bo and a gazillion other exercises and often 2 or 3 workouts a day and drinking about 80 ounces of water a day and eating super healthy and kept that up for 3 full months without noticing ANY difference! Not an ounce of weight lost, not an inch of waist lost. That's when I remembered that my body tends to hang onto some extra weight until my babies are about 10 months old. It's been that way with each of my kids and I guess I thought this time would be different since I'd been working SO hard to loose weight, but no such luck! I had been sitting around 172 to 174 lbs since Christmas and Logan would be 10 months old on May 1st. About mid April the weight finally started to come off. Now I weigh 162.8 lbs and have lost MANY inches! I'm also on track in my training for the marathon. I registered for the St. George Marathon and in 2 days we'll see if I made the lottery and will be able to run it! If you are interested in following my progress feel free to stop by my blog at skinnyjanelley.blogspot.com. I've added a tracker so I can see when people come to the site just to keep me on my toes. I didn't tell anyone about my site but had a few people stumble across it and even got a comment from a friend of mine from BYU which caught me by surprise. I realized since I saw that people were coming that I started feeling more accountable and like people were actually reading what I eat every day and seeing how much I weigh! That's when I decided that it was time to let my regular "bloggy" friends know about my other blog, so that more people might stop by, keeping me more motivated to eat well and exercise a lot! So thanks for the motivation everyone!
5 comments:
Wow Janelle - you are a brave woman! and i bet the blog will totally help keep you motivated and accountable. that is my problem too. anyways - losing weight sucks. i hate that its something we constantly worry about. at least i do. i hope that in heaven we can eat whatever we want and it won't make a difference! good luck with everything. I'm rooting for you!
and holy cow, a marathon?? i'm pretty sure that is something i will NEVER do. good for you.
You are a brave woman...I'm way too prideful to share the scale with anyone...Not even the hubster knows those numbers! But I'm way impressed and I know you'll get down to just where you want to! Here's to hoping we all get in to St George!
Good luck with everything! You'll do awesome and I promise not to tempt you with anything too yummy when we get together.
seriously inspiring, janelle!
That all sounds eerily similar to me. I am stuck at 186 right now which is not good for being 5'3". I have been working out and eating well. I just went through a battery of blood tests, so, we'll see what comes of that. Good luck to you!
Post a Comment