Monday, July 5, 2010

Making Memories on Lazy Sunday Afternoons

I love Sunday afternoons when we can just lay around and play. The kids love to make home videos and forts and we usually go out to Peter's parents house for dinner and hang out with the brothers and their families that live close. Somehow without realizing it we started a tradition of "telling stories when we were little" every Sunday as we'd drive home from Peter's parents house. The kids now expect and all but demand that we tell them stories from when we were little the very second we pull away from the house. It's so fun for the kids to picture us at their ages doing things that they did and making mistakes that we learned something from. We'll tell stories sometimes from when we were dating and sometimes we have them give us a "theme" for the story when we are having a hard time thinking of new ones. We also like to tell stories from when each of our kids were "little" and remind them of funny things they used to say or do or funny stories. I love that Sunday afternoons as we have our little tradition of making home videos and telling stories we are making more memories that will be stories for them to tell their kids from when they were little.

*Oh and by the way, Emily popped the lenses out of her 3D glasses from when Grandma and Grandpa took all of the kids to see Toy Story 3 in 3D and put them on and wore them ALL day that Sunday! She said she looked "SO CUTE!" and Peter and I agreed that she looked an awful lot like Sibhoan Magnus from this last season of American Idol! Lol! Cute girl!


2 comments:

Cyndi W said...

I know I say this almost every time I comment on your blog, but you have the cutest more darling kids ever. Keep up those "family traditions"! The kids grow up before you know it and they get big so fast.

Marylin said...

Our kids are always asking us what we were like when we were little and all of that too! I love that they want to know those things and making my brain think back to the days when I was a kid dancing to Michael Jackson in the living room :) Love this post and that sweet Emily!! So cute!!