Monday, July 19, 2010

Until We Meet Again...

Sweet Grandma Jay passed away this afternoon and went to join her adorable husband in heaven. Grandpa Jay passed away at the end of June and we will greatly miss them both. I've never felt so loved by someone who wasn't related to me as I felt by Grandma Jay the first time I met her. She wrapped her arms around me and told me how beautiful I was and how much she loved me for making her "Dear Boy Peter" happy. I have always felt like I was born into her family and not married into it. I love my Grandma Jay and I love my Grandpa Jay and I'm happy they are together again, even though they were only apart for just about a month. Grandpa Jay could always make you laugh! It was one of his favorite things to do and he said that he wanted to die with a joke on his lips. Grandma wants to be buried with her drawings from the Great Grandkids as they were some of her most prized possessions. They truly were the very best Grandparents and they've left behind a wonderful legacy! We love you both so much! Thank you for your constant love and example. You will never be forgotten! Until we meet again...


4 comments:

Christi said...

Hugs! How blessed you are!

Sarah Smiles said...

Yes! What a blessing to have such wonderful family! So nice that they are already together again!

Tami said...

oh i have such a soft spot for grandmas and grandpas. and they are just adorable! glad they were able to stick together...

Amy said...

They were both such sweet, kind, loving people!! I always enjoyed seeing them when I did!! I'm glad that she is again with Grandpa Jay and they weren't apart for very long! I'll be sending Jeanine a card but please pass my love on to her, Peter and the rest of the family at this time!