Saturday, October 25, 2008

Clean Basement, FHE Board, Handy Hubby

So tonight the kids were helping clean up and Maddie decided that she was going to surprise me and clean the entire basement all by herself! This can be QUITE a big job because the kids play down there all day and it's often a disaster of toys and stuffed animals! Well I was so proud of my little Madeline that I had to take a picture of her big accomplishment! She really did a great job.


While I was taking that picture (on my phone - sorry I had it with me and was too lazy to come upstairs and get the real camera) I realized that I haven't taken any pictures of our basement since it's been finished (a year ago) and ALSO that I didn't show any pictures of my fabulous husbands amazing handy work! He made a built in entertainment unit for downstairs! And this was his first project since building a bird house and a tool box in Boy Scouts! I was SUPER impressed! So here are a few shots of the basement including Peter's built in!

Isn't my husband amazing?

And here's his office where he spends his days working hard! The four pictures above his desk are his Heros. He drew them and then wrote one attribute that he admires about each of them. (In case you can't see who they are it's Abraham Lincoln, The Savior, President Hinckley and Joseph Smith). The picture by the window is a poster/picture of Peter when he was 9 years old at the National Junior Olympics running the 4x4 Relay! Pretty Sweet eh?

AND! I thought I'd show off my fun craft that I made today at our Super Saturday. I made an FHE board. I painted it red, let it dry, then painted it black, let it dry, and then sanded off some of the black to have some red show through. In some places it took off the black AND a little bit of red so I dry brushed some red back on there. I was super pleased with the way it turned out! So fun! And yes we have an empty name tag for our next "someday baby" that I'm so anxious for! And yes there is only ONE empty tag. Although I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about only having one more! I guess we'll wait and see!


3 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

LOVE the built ins! Jason andI have been talking aout doing ours in the livingroom. I feel a project coming on for Peteee when he comes to visit!!!! Haha! Just kidding, but I would love some tips! And yes, your FHE thing is very cute! AND I do think it is cute that you even made a blank one! :-)

Christina said...

I really love that FHE board!

Lynn said...

hi,

i stumbled onto your blog looking for fhe board ideas. I like your rectangular name tags. Did you buy them somewhere are did you make them yourself?

thanks
Lynn

lynnsu@gmail.com