So I was just looking through my scrapbook gallery and I saw this page I made awhile ago after Sister Beck gave her famous (in my eyes) "Mother Heart" talk, and it made me all emotional remembering the births of each of my beautiful children! I'm so anxious to have another baby so I can hold her and snuggle her and smell her unforgettable baby smell! I get on the computer and look through all of the pictures from the first 2 days of each of my kids lives at least once a week just to make me feel like I'm a little closer to having a newborn again! I used to say that I had "a screw loose" for always being baby hungry or that I had a crazy disease or malfunction in my brain that made me always want to have a baby! But right now all I can think is: Why doesn't every woman in the world feel this way?! Don't they know what they are missing? And if they do have kids, don't they miss the tiny ones and the amazing experience of bringing a baby into the world? I could go on forever! But I'm sure that I'm driving many of you crazy with my constant baby hungry talk! Just know that I'm DYING over here waiting to have another baby!Saturday, October 25, 2008
"Mother Heart"
So I was just looking through my scrapbook gallery and I saw this page I made awhile ago after Sister Beck gave her famous (in my eyes) "Mother Heart" talk, and it made me all emotional remembering the births of each of my beautiful children! I'm so anxious to have another baby so I can hold her and snuggle her and smell her unforgettable baby smell! I get on the computer and look through all of the pictures from the first 2 days of each of my kids lives at least once a week just to make me feel like I'm a little closer to having a newborn again! I used to say that I had "a screw loose" for always being baby hungry or that I had a crazy disease or malfunction in my brain that made me always want to have a baby! But right now all I can think is: Why doesn't every woman in the world feel this way?! Don't they know what they are missing? And if they do have kids, don't they miss the tiny ones and the amazing experience of bringing a baby into the world? I could go on forever! But I'm sure that I'm driving many of you crazy with my constant baby hungry talk! Just know that I'm DYING over here waiting to have another baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I agree that there is nothing better than meeting your newborn for the first time. I love the sweet smell and falling asleep with a baby on your chest... The spirit is so strong in those first moments as you realize that God has trusted you to raise His child. It is one of those strong reminders of how much we need His help in getting to know our children. He had them for so much longer and knows them so much better...
Janelle, I think any child that comes into your family is very lucky!
i don't know how you are going to stop after just one more...
Okay so yes, I will admit that those precious moments after your new little spirit joins your family you are humbled by the magnitude of responsibility you have moments unlike any other you will ever experience, and never be able to describe with words to anyone who has not yet experienced it. These are amazing moments to be sure, but really to just completely forget about the horrific months of puking, growing, aching, growing more, not sleeping, growing even more, emotions amplified, and growing still, just to experience those moments again? ...really?!! And lets not forget the months or rather close to a year afterwards, of still not sleeping, still crazy emotions, and still dealing with all the growing you did...? Yeah, no thanks I'll just create more amazing moments with the wonderful spirits that I already went through HELL for! Yes some of us remember more than we'd like to, and miss it? Not a chance in the world, but more power to ya sister! Sure love ya!
Love the scrapbook page!
In regards to your baby cravings, I believe that there are many women who do feel the way you do, where they cherish the miracle of newborns and miss the sweet feelings that come with it. We all have different personalities and people share/reserve their intimate feelings in the way they feel it best to do so.
I did want to mention though that there really are some people who suffer from serious problems with baby-hunger. (BTW I'm not implying in any way that you're one of these "extreme cases".) For some, it is a real personal trial to deal with these cravings - and just because the craving is for a good and precious baby, rather than say alcohal, doesn't automatically justify them to give into their cravings. Anything can become an obsession/addiction. A friend of ours comes from a very large family and explained that her mother doesn't take much care of the children once they're past the baby stage and just continually wants more babies. When we talk about the powerful influence of mothers, we really mean it! This inability or unwillingness to invest in the care of the rest of her children has really affected them and they have a lot to sort out as they grow up.
Elder Oaks addressed the ever popular question of "How many children should we have?" in a talk a while back and said that the decision is between us and the Lord and that we should have as many children as we can provide for - that includes spiritually, financially, emotionally, etc. We are all different, with different paths the Lord would have us take, different abilities in providing, and with different understandings of what we believe constitutes good parenting. The most important thing is that we cherish and take good care of all we're blessed with, no matter how small or big :).
Hey, and thanks for your enthusiasm for motherhood! ;)
Janelle, It makes me happy to see mothers who truly value and love motherhood. I think I sometimes drive friends and family crazy because I have nothing negative to say about the whole experience- I love it- and reverence it. By the time my babies are 1 I am already trying for another. The happiest times of my life are those first few weeks of welcoming a new spirit into our home. Of course it has its crazy moments but that is a small price to pay for these little ones. You are a wonderful example!! Don't let anyone or anything keep you from sharing your positive outlook. Goodness, we here enough of the negative.
Oops, I meant "hear"
Post a Comment