This is a picture I took of Emily this morning before preschool. They had a Halloween party and she was so excited to dress up as Sleeping Beauty. She asked me to make her hair "look like a crown." How sweet is she?!
I took this next picture after dinner. Peter asked her what happened to her hair (it really is sticking straight up with a right angle at the very top of it) and she said in her crazy little accent, "Way-ol (well), I yipped (ripped) my kyown (crown) out." And yes my daughter is wearing a swimming suit again (she likes to play "beach") but it's not just ONE swimming suit - she's wearing THREE swimming suits! I admit it has been rather warm the last few days but it did SNOW not long ago and we've had some REALLY cold days recently. It's Fall for goodness sakes!! She loves wearing her swimming suit though, and when I asked her why she was wearing 3 of them she answered so matter-of-factly and with a hint of 'duh mom isn't it obvious', "So I can be warm!"
I'd like to introduce you to my daughter Emily. She's so sweet and gentle and so so so loving. She's also a firecracker. She's going NON-STOP all the time. She spends her day singing loudly, playing make believe with EVERYTHING in sight, including random sticks and rocks and her lunch. She giggles constantly. She doesn't run, she skips and gallops. She still draws on walls and doors and table tops and windows. She is a girly girl through and through often wearing several princess dresses at a time, but also a pretty solid tom-boy in her adventurous fearless attitude toward everything. She often rips her cute hair styles out to reveal crazy hair for the majority of the day, and she has a messy face most of the time as well. Since she started crawling she has kept us on our toes wondering what mischief she's going to get into next. But she's also kept us laughing. Often so hard that we roll on the ground in uncontrollable laughter. She is SO stinking cute and SO funny and such a crazy ball of energy and I don't know what my life would be like without her! Emily I adore you! Thanks for keeping life interesting!
I took this next picture after dinner. Peter asked her what happened to her hair (it really is sticking straight up with a right angle at the very top of it) and she said in her crazy little accent, "Way-ol (well), I yipped (ripped) my kyown (crown) out." And yes my daughter is wearing a swimming suit again (she likes to play "beach") but it's not just ONE swimming suit - she's wearing THREE swimming suits! I admit it has been rather warm the last few days but it did SNOW not long ago and we've had some REALLY cold days recently. It's Fall for goodness sakes!! She loves wearing her swimming suit though, and when I asked her why she was wearing 3 of them she answered so matter-of-factly and with a hint of 'duh mom isn't it obvious', "So I can be warm!"
I'd like to introduce you to my daughter Emily. She's so sweet and gentle and so so so loving. She's also a firecracker. She's going NON-STOP all the time. She spends her day singing loudly, playing make believe with EVERYTHING in sight, including random sticks and rocks and her lunch. She giggles constantly. She doesn't run, she skips and gallops. She still draws on walls and doors and table tops and windows. She is a girly girl through and through often wearing several princess dresses at a time, but also a pretty solid tom-boy in her adventurous fearless attitude toward everything. She often rips her cute hair styles out to reveal crazy hair for the majority of the day, and she has a messy face most of the time as well. Since she started crawling she has kept us on our toes wondering what mischief she's going to get into next. But she's also kept us laughing. Often so hard that we roll on the ground in uncontrollable laughter. She is SO stinking cute and SO funny and such a crazy ball of energy and I don't know what my life would be like without her! Emily I adore you! Thanks for keeping life interesting!
4 comments:
Oh how cute, I love that your post was complete with little kid accent. Those are the best. When Micah was little we got him to talk "correctly" and soon regretted it. Now we just let it roll, I love how kids talk, it's so sweet. Emily sounds like quite a girl, I love her crazy braids even better than her crown braids.
She is so cute! I love the swimming suit reasoning!
very cute!
are your scrapbooks digital scrapbooks?? what program do you use? Do you print them out into books or just keep them digital???? I've always been interested in them, but it was never a good time to get started. I think things might be settling down to a point where I could try something like that. Can I have some tips? Maybe you could do a little post about it??
Post a Comment