Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tagged

So this will be my last post of the day... I promise! My sister Tara tagged me so here goes:

3 Joys:
1. My Family
2. My Husband
3. My Kids
(oh, are those all the same thing? *wink*)

3 Fears:

1. Loosing any member of my family
2. Whatever is hiding in my kids bathroom that makes it stink so bad!
3. Never loosing all of my "baby fat" *yikes*

3 Obsessions:

1. My blog (shocking, I know)
2. Pictures (looking at them, scrapbooking them, looking at them again)
3. Babies (I have a slight craving for babies... just a slight one)

3 Surprising Facts:

1. I think we might be done at 5 kids... I THINK.
2. I've spent too much time on the computer today and my house is still pretty clean
3. I have never used the "edger" on our yard. I'm scared of it.

8 Things I am passionate about:
1. Raising good kids who know who they are and make good choices
2. My marriage to my fabulous husband
3. My testimony
4. Always doing my best
5. Learning (I really want to go back to school someday)
6. My calling and my sweet CTR 5 kids
7. My Young Women who aren't mine anymore!
8. Teaching my kids to work (mostly so I don't have to do it all!)

8 Words or Phrases I say often:

1. "You're killing me Smalls!" I think that's a quote from the Sandlot and I use it to express my exasperation as Nathan does anything in his nature (aka search and destroy everything that exists!)
2. "Quick, quick, quick as a lick! Lick Lick lickity split!" In urging the kids to hurry quick to get out the door to school or church
3. "Love your guts!" just a funny version of I love you more
4. "C'mon guys, it's time to jammie up!" Jammie up is what we say when it's time for the kids to put their jammies on and it usually has to be said several times!
5. "C'mon guys, time to get dressed and ready for the day!" also has to be repeated several times
6. "After your chores and homework" to the endless requests to play outside or play with friends or play on the computer
7. "Clear your place" after breakfast lunch and dinner (they have to rinse their plate/bowl in the sink, put their placemat away and wipe off any crumbs from where they sat)
8. "*Insert everything that Nathan says here*" Nathan is just starting to talk a whole bunch so I repeat everything that he says so that he knows I understand him and so that he hears how to pronounce it right (and so I can hear his super cute "uh-hu" when I say whatever it is that he wants!)
9. (I just realized one that I say ALL the time that I had to put on here) "No grumps, no grumps, no chicken bumps!" Whenever the kids are grumpy to each other.

8 Things I want to do before I die:

1. See my kids go on missions and get married in the temple
2. Go on a mission with Peter
3. Go on a cruise
4. Go to Hawaii
5. Go back to school
6. Take voice lessons
7. Write a Childrens book that is illustrated by Peter
8. Catch up on my laundry *wink*

8 Things I pray for:

1. Peter
2. Tyler
3. Maddie
4. Emily
5. Nathan
6. Patience
7. Forgiveness
8. The Spirit

8 Things I've learned:
1. That unselfishness is the key to a happy marriage
2. That in order to be a good mother and wife you need to take a break and have some time to yourself every now and then
3. That it's not good to discipline when you're angry (or lecture..er... I mean, reprimand when you're angry either) and it should ALWAYS be followed with loves (D&C 121:41-43)
4. I'm still the same person inside no matter what size my jeans are!
5. Happiness doesn't come from "things" it comes from loving and serving others
6. Little tiny children are capable of big huge messes!
7. Permanent marker isn't always permanent!
8. It IS possible for a Hurd to be on time to things!

8 people I tag:
1. you, you, you, you and you! I tag whoever feels like being tagged!

4 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

So cute! That was fun! Glad I tagged you! ;-)

Sapp Family said...

I to am so afraid of the edger. Wyatt has been working out of town alot lately, so for the first time since being married I did the lawns. Took me two hours since I wouldn't use the edger. Rather I took the weed eater and did the edging with it. Wyatt thought I was silly. Oh well it may not be a nice as when he does it, but he was just happy he didn't have to. :)

Katie said...

I'm not sure I believe you that a Hurd can be on time to things. In fact since becoming a Hurd, I have become more and more consistently LATE! Maybe I'm just trying to integrate myself into the family. :)

justjen said...

You lie, you lie, you lie like a dog!!!! No stinking chance you are done at 5 kids you baby crazy lady! And yes it is possible for us to be on time to things, but that doesn't mean it actually happens! Love you little sis!~