Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Number Five is alive!"

Have you seen that movie from the 80's called Short Circuit about a robot that comes to life? Well that's where that title comes from!
So I was so not going to post this yet because it's so early and it just seems absurd! BUT I'm showing like nobody's business so everyone around here knows so why not fill the rest of the known world in our exciting news!! We are having a baby! Our own little "number five"! It's kind of funny because I posted that Mother Heart scrapbook page about being baby hungry and wanting another baby and then a few days later we found out that we were pregnant! And a few days after that I started wearing maternity clothes!! Lol!! I started showing at only 6 weeks with Nathan so I should have known it'd be early this time, but I was only 4 weeks pregnant when I couldn't hide it anymore! How sad is that? Oh well! I'm loving every minute of it so who cares!?
So I wanted to post this little book that we made for Tyler on his birthday (which is when we found out for sure that I was pregnant). We wanted to tell the kids in a creative way and we realized that we found out on Tyler's SEVENTH birthday that we were going to be a family of SEVEN! How cool is that? So anyway. We made him this book and asked him to read it out loud to everyone (Peter's parents and my sister in law Jessica were here to celebrate Tyler's bday). So technically Tyler was the one to tell everyone! Anyway, it was pretty fun! Here's the book I made:

By the time Tyler read the last page, Peter's mom was crying and hugging us and his dad was grinning super huge and patting us on the backs! The kids were pretty excited too! It was a fun night for us! So that crazy squid picture over there says that I have 246 days to go! I'm due on July 9th. Hooray for babies!

26 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats, Janelle! That is great news!! & what a cute way to tell your kids!

Spackman's said...

You guys are so cute! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hold that baby. Well I guess I can because that will mean my baby will be 1 already! ha ha

Becca said...

Ok Janelle, you are a doll!! Congrats on # 5!!!!! How exciting!!! You are so cute, creative and beautiful (even in maturnity clothes!!!;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love the little book. What a fun surprise. I can't wait for that someday!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you!! One more adorable Ehat... I can't wait!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you to have #5.

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Hooray for Babies! Newborns are Such angels...as you know. Congrats!

Tami said...

Wow! 5 kids! that is crazy!! good for you guys - it's so exciting. And I love that little book you made, it's so precious.

Kristi said...

Yay yay yay!!! I'm so happy for you! I know you wanted another one in a bad way and I'm so glad it worked out for you. Good luck with a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Cortney said...

Whoo Hoo! Glad it's you and not me! Your news is giving me "duck bumps." (also a SC reference!) Congrats.

Amy said...

Congrats! Fun times for you guys! Hope you're feeling good!!

Bale Family said...

Yea! Congrats! I love the way you told your family that you were pregnant! So creative! I bet Tyler loved that. Im so happy for you!

Dawn Harvey said...

Yea! I am so excited for you guys! I can't think of a better mom. I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday. what a beautiful book. I love it. Short Circuit is one of our favorite movies. Hannah's favorite quote is, "your mamma was a snow blower!" She says it all the time. So funny.

kelly said...

Congrats! I love the book, so creative.

Leona said...

i am sooo jealous! i wish is was me also! but my time will come soon enough (i hope).
congrats on number 5!

mb said...

i am so excited for you! you are such ag to such a wonderful and loving family. YAY! (maybe you're showing so early because you're having twins!?!?)

Robyn said...

I loved Short Circuit as a kid. We bought it and watched it not too long ago and the language was terrible! Anyway, off the subject--congrats!!! You are such a cutie mommy. Loved the book.

Janelle Ehat said...

Robyn, I loved Short Circuit growing up and we watched it ALL THE TIME! I have parts of it memorized and I said something to Peter a few nights ago about getting it so we could watch it again and he told me that he watched it not long ago and noticed how bad the language was too. Funny how we seem to tune some things out so well when we were young! And Thanks everyone for the comments! We're super excited!

missy d said...

Oh congratulations Ehat family!!! How exciting! Hooray for babies is right!!

Steve and Cyndi said...

How fun to find out you're going to have a family of 7 on your oldest's 7th birthday! Congratulations!

KFerrara said...

Congratulations to the Ehat family. I'm so excited for you to be expecting another baby - you have such beautiful children.
Let us know if you need anything...

Kenz said...

Janelle,
That's wonderful news. I never can quite keep up with you girl! Someday... :)

kahnfam said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you guys! What a fun way to tell your family!

ToddandCamille said...

Congratulations that is so exciting! Hope everything goes well for you!

Amber said...

Yay!!! Congrats, can't wait to see boy or girl !

Inspiration Station said...

What a fun way to announce your big news! Your family is growing and so cute!