Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's a ...

BABY!


... and just one of them! I didn't ever really think it was twins... I just hoped! I know, I'm a crazy lady! But still! I really do think this is our last baby and the thought of that makes me sad and yet content at the same time. So I thought twins would be a great way to sneak one more baby into our family! I actually had a dream a few weeks ago that on our 8th anniversary we found out we'd be a family of 8! If you remember, we found out on Tyler's 7th birthday that we'd be a family of 7. It would have been funny, but not the case! Our little baby was so super active and waving and kicking and rolling around inside of me! I'm so excited to feel her moving! I keep saying HER and SHE but we won't really find out whether it's a boy or girl until February. I do really think it's a girl though. With the boys I was always hungry and never felt full. I gained 80 lbs with Tyler (Holy Smokes and disgusting I know) and with Nathan I started out my pregnancy at my skinniest since having kids and exercised all the time and ate super healthy and STILL gained 65 lbs! I felt the same way with him too, always hungry and never full. With my girls it was the exact opposite! I never felt hungry, I only ate because I was worried about the baby not getting enough, or I started feeling a little queasy or light headed. And when I did eat, I only ate half portions! Needless to say I only gained 19 lbs with Maddie and 18 lbs with Emily and I wasn't super diligent in exercise during either of those pregnancies. This time I'm feeling the same as with the girls. Not ever hungry, and feeling super full right away. I've only gained 2 lbs this pregnancy and I'm almost done with my first trimester. It may seem silly to base the gender on my appetite, but I figure 2 pregnancies with boys were the same and 2 pregnancies with my girls were the same, that's pretty reliable, right? Anyway! Thanks for letting me express my complete and utter joy in seeing our new baby alive and well today!

7 comments:

Tami said...

wow - that's crazy you had such a difference in weight gain between the sexes. who needs ultrasounds when your symptoms are that distinct! I wish I would've only gained 18 pounds with my girl... Shaa - that's already a lost cause!

Tara Rickards said...

That is a great ultrasound picture! I can't wait to meet the new little one!

BTW- Happy Anniversary today!

California Washburns said...

Congrats! I really wanted twins this last time as well for the same reasons! We do c-sections so this was probably our last baby and I really wanted more. Plus...2 for the price of one pregnancy! You can't get better than that!

kelly said...

I am with you on the twins thing! 4 c-sections was not fun, so two babies for the price of one sounds nice. Your baby is very cute, I think it's a boy though.

KFerrara said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family of 7.

kahnfam said...

I love looking at ultra-sound pictures. I'm really excited for you.

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

Congratulations on the new baby! That's crazy how different your pregnancies are! I hope you're feeling okay! I love keeping up with your blog.. your kidds are so cute!