Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Morning

Christmas Morning this is what our Family Room looked like:

And this is what my family looked like:


Peter and Emily were REALLY bad off on this day. Poor Emily couldn't even get excited about the presents or anything else. She came downstairs and snuggled up on the couch. Maddie was feeling pretty good by this time, and Tyler was starting to get it but was still excited. Look at this picture of Maddie and her new Polly Pocket case full of a bunch of new Pollies and her old ones. On the couch you can see Emily sleeping with a present on top of her that one of the kids put there for her to open when she felt up to it! Poor thing.


After awhile she sat up and opened her present and this is what she looked like:

I felt so bad for her. But believe it or not, Peter was even worse off. He was so miserable and got worse every day. We got him some medicine of Christmas Day and a few days later he was starting to feel a little better. But then he did too much because he was so sick of laying around and not being able to help or do anything and then he went all the way back to square one and was even worse off than before! He got a blessing a few days later and the day after that he started climbing back up to recovered health! I have never seen him so sick in my life. He was miserable and I was miserable seeing him miserable and definitely feeling the loss of his help around the house and with the kids. I have the most amazing husband in the world, and I realized it all over again after having him out of commission for so long! I'm glad to report that he is fully recovered except for a little pressure in his ears still. The kids are all recovered to only the sniffles and I have yet to contract the dreaded disease! But throughout it all we still managed to have some smiling faces that managed to warm our hearts and keep us going! Look at this picture of Nathan! Is it not the cutest thing you've ever seen!?

Believe it or not it was a great Christmas! Busy, a little chaotic and draining being a one man show, but still wonderful. Tyler wrote us a little note and put it under the Christmas Tree that said,
"To: Mom and Dad, Love Tyler. I know what Christmas is all about. It's not about the presents or the Christmas Tree, it's about remembering Jesus Christ and about loving our family and doing nice things for each other. I love you!"

How can that not warm your heart? I'm so grateful for my sweet little family and their examples to me!

1 comment:

Tami said...

oh man - sick on Christmas!! that is so stinky. glad everyone is feeling better.