Thursday, January 29, 2009

Manly Nathan Post

So Peter was a little worried about that Mermaid video of Nathan and so I decided to do a follow-up post explaining that THIS is what Nathan looks like 99.999% of the times (whenever his sisters don't persuade him into a dress!) He is, like I said before ALL BOY! And, yes, he is kissing his soccer ball. While I was taking pictures I asked him if he loved to play soccer and he nodded and proceeded to kiss his ball! Priceless!
And I thought I'd post a picture of how cute Maddie's hair turned out today. I saw a hair style on a little girl in Carl's Jr. a few weeks ago and have been playing with it on Maddie and it evolved into this today and I thought it was pretty cute!
We also watched the Twins again today. Jill takes Cole to a Mom and Me class on Thursdays so we often take them while she goes. And today we needed them!! We are watching Katelin and Kamryn Smith for a few days while Adam and Teresa are in California for a business retreat and Katelin is in 1st grade and goes to school 3 1/2 hours before Madeline does and Maddie was upset to be home alone with the "little girls" for that long. When the twins showed up she was much happier! Here's a picture of Maddie and Nathan holding Brighton and Hallie.
And as promised, here are the outfits that Emily has worn today! I didn't get one of her in her jammies and I'm CERTAIN we will have several more changes before the day is done! It's only 4:00 after all! A lot of playtime left in the day! But you get the idea. It really is an average of 6 outfits a day! And they are all so "creative" and colorful!
(The baby on the floor is a little girl that my neighbor watches and I took her while she went visiting teaching this afternoon for an hour or so.)

4 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

Maddie's hair is so cute! There is no way any of my girls would sit still long enough for that! I would ask you to teach me, but I'm sure it would just be wasted information that I can't ever use! Your kids are all so darn cute!

BTW, I'm expecting the monthly picture of your growing tummy! I love that Megan did hers! It was fun to watch her grow!

Case Face and Lady Katie said...

Your family is just so adorable! Thanks for saying hello. Life is still as amazing as ever for the Howells (& Fords now). My parents (and Madison, of course) are still in Pennsylvania near Philly (they are so excited for the newly announced temple there). My dad is the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency and my mom is over the Activity Girls in their ward & also works with the troubled (pregnant) teens in the Stake.

They seem to always be traveling--just flew to Florida this morning, are coming here to Utah next month, and are going on a Caribbean cruise in May...you get the idea...seems to me they're living retired life already with an 8-year-old still at home lol.

Kelsey is at BYU and is pretty much thriving at this stage in life. She's dating ALL the time and is the happiest girl to be around. I don't see near enough of her. :) She spent last summer in Europe exercising her mad French skills. She was a gospel doctrine teacher in her singles ward but is now the Ward Music Chair. She's just declared her major of Psychology.

Tyler moved to Utah a few months ago and also recently turned 18. He has 3 roommates and is loving being on his own. He works for my husband, Case, at a car detail shop he owns on the side. He does well for us. Tyler keeps us on our toes as most 18-year-old brothers do.

Madison got baptized this year (the day before Case and I got married here in Utah so our extended family could attend). She is a smart little girl who is very involved. Right now she is taking piano, swimming, drama, dance, and some other class I can't recall. A very busy girl. Keeps us entertained always.

That's the Howells in a nutshell. I think a part of us will always miss Clovis, but as we all know, life goes on...sounds like all is well with your family. Good to hear from you. :)

--KATIE

kelly said...

Adam and Teresa aren't by chance Hendricks are they?

kahnfam said...

Maddie's hair is so cute. I am not gifted in the hairstyle dept. Not that Kayla would let me anyway. Emily is a true girl. I remember going crazy picking up all the outfits Kayla would change into. And Nathan, is so cute. What a cute family you have.