Friday, January 9, 2009

Family at Christmas Time

Well here goes the Christmas posts! We started out Christmas break when Peter's brother Chris and his family came into town from Wisconsin! We decided to take advantage of all of the family together (and me not enormously pregnant yet) and get some family pictures. Here's the whole Ehat clan!

This is all of the Ehat Grandkids: Nathan, Carter (Chris and Stephanie's), Maddie, Tyler, Austin (Joe and Jessica's), Britton (Chris and Stephanie's), Emily and Lauren (Joe and Jessica's).

We got some a picture of our little family and of course a picture of just Peter and I:


After family pictures we went up to Peter's Aunt and Uncle's house and had a Carlile Family Christmas Party where the kids got Jammies from Gma and Gpa Jay. I didn't have my camera since it was still swallowing pictures and I didn't want to be sad that I had cute pictures stuck on it! So I'm kind of bummed about that! That night Maddie was kind of quiet and by the time we got her home she had a fever. The next day was Sunday and she slept ALL DAY! Peter stayed home with her and woke her up and one point to give her some food. She ate a little bit and then asked if she could go back upstairs and lay down in bed again. Poor thing. We went to Peter's parents house and Peter started feeling a little wiped out as well. And there began the Ehat family PLAGUE!! It was miserable! Madeline started feeling better on Monday, but still had a nasty chest cold. Peter got increasingly worse for the next week and finally on Christmas Day we called the Doctor and got him on some antibiotics. Emily started feeling sick on Christmas Eve and by Christmas morning her fever was really bad and she just laid around all day! Tyler didn't get it really bad but had a fever in the evening for a few days and a little cold. Peter for sure had the worst of all of us and he was down for several days solid. He dragged himself down to the basement to work a few days and was miserable. Poor guy! Nathan has had the cold but no fever and has not been sleeping well at night. Somehow I skipped the whole thing, but I did manage to hurt my pinky toe pretty bad one day during the plague. I was certain that it was broken. It instantly swelled up and turned all shades of purple and black. I limped and walked on the side of my foot for 3 days. After about 5 days it was starting to feel normal again and I could let my bedsheets touch it at night. It was miserable but I think it healed to quickly to be broken. Anyway! That was our fun Christmas Fever story!

1 comment:

Tara Rickards said...

Janelle that is miserable! It is running through our family right now! Yucky!

Love your pictures though! They came out really cute!