Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!

This morning we woke up to Tyler and Maddie making love notes and valentines for everyone in our family! They were so sweet! Here's a few of them. This one is from Tyler and it says, "To Mom and Dad! From Tyler! It is impossible to stop loving who you love the most!" And he wanted to make sure he pointed out all of the tiny hearts he drew inside the big heart. So sweet!

This one is also from Tyler and it says, "My whole family. Nathan, you are cute and funny and fun to play with. Not when you are hyper! Ha ha ha!!! Maddie, Thank you for helping me with the things Mom and Dad tell me to do! You are good at changing diapers! Emily, When you were little I used to play with you all the time! I made you laugh and you liked it! Dad, When you ever hear me say I don't love you, ignore it and punish me! You are the strongest man on earth! If you don't believe me, pick up the Incredible Hulk! Mom, You take care of our family. We all love you so much and so do I. Thank you for all that you do!" How sweet is that letter to each of his family members? He really is a sweet boy!

Here are a few from Maddie. This one says, "By Maddie. February is my favorite holiday because of Valentines Day! Mom and Dad"

This one was so super sweet from Maddie to Tyler. It says, "Tyler, I love you. You write well. You try your best." So cute! I love my sweet kids!


We also had a fun Valentines Breakfast of pink heart pancakes and Cinnamon rolls with pink frosting (the Cinnamon rolls were actually more of a mid morning snack). Don't they look cute?


Yesterday, Maddie had her Valentine's party at school so we tried out some cute Valentines Hairstyles on both of the girls. I saw this one on my friend Mindy's blog that is packed full of super cute hairstyles for girls. It's actually really easy and fast.


Emily's didn't last very long. She's entirely too rambunctious for any hairdo to last very long without extensive hairspray and a lot of bobby pins! But it was cute for awhile! Maddie's on the other hand collected compliments all day long and stayed in until I took it out this morning.

I thought I'd add another Belly Picture. Maddie has become my official belly photographer.


Notice that Nathan's head is in the picture. He hasn't been farther than 3 feet from me in the past 2 weeks! He's had a cold and has been REALLY clingy and super fussy and grumpy. Not to mention the fact that he has started screaming "No!" when someone gets too close to him or takes something from him or does anything that he doesn't like. It's a blood curdling, ear piercing scream. I'm pretty sure he has an ear infection. I didn't get a chance to take him in yesterday and our after hours clinic is closed today. I could call the on-call doctor to come and see him, but we will probably wait until Monday. But we'll see how bad it gets. He's looked like this for 85% of the day for the past 3 days:


Poor boy! I feel so bad because nothing I do helps calm him down. He just gets upset and can't be calmed down. Luckily he's been sleeping at night. We only had a few nights several weeks ago when the cold started that he wouldn't sleep. At least I'm not trying to take care of him in this state when I'm sleep deprived! That wouldn't be be pretty! I hope he feels better soon!

Well I hope you all have a happy Valentines Day!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the hair styles! I'll have to try that on Anna, if she sits still long enough! Sweet valentine notes, you have such loving children!

The Winns said...

this is exactly what anson has looked liked. we should have a play date.

KFerrara said...

I just love your posts!!! Keep 'em coming!
Cute hairstyles - You will have to direct me to the blog that shows how to do that!!!
Your kids are so sweet - I loved their Valentine's to eachother and the family!
It was great seeing you last night at the soccer game - We did AWESOME! I wish I would've gotten that goal!

kahnfam said...

The valentines are so cute, and I love the girl's hair. By the way, your hair looks great!

Christina said...

LOVE the hair! I wish my girls would let me do things like that!

What special valentines. Definitely treasures!

Tiffany said...

you are looking great. sorry you have had a clingy, grumpy guy. we all know how that goes :)

Tawna said...

I am just wondering how in the heck your pancakes turned out so good?! We (meaning I) tried to make some on V-day for some friends, and let's just say they turned our like alien-hearts at best. Just crazy. Super cute though! :)