So we decided as a family that the whole month of February is going to be "Love Month" and we are going to do secret service for each other each day and give at least one compliment to each member of our family every day, and be more kind to one another and have our home be extra full of love this month. I was on Haley McCauley's blog the other day and saw her post about her love jar and I thought it was the perfect idea for our family. We decided that for family home evening we were each going to write a love note to each member of our family. We started out by all cutting out some hearts and then Peter and I helped Emily and Nathan write their notes and we wrote our notes. We put them all in a jar and read them all together.
It was such a sweet night full of hugs and smiles. I love my cute little family. Two of my favorite notes came from Tyler. I thought I'd put them on here so you could see them.
This one was from Tyler to Nathan and it says, "Nathan, you are cute!!!!! And you make messes. But you are still cute"
This one says, "Mom, You are the greatest!!! And you help us! And play with us! If I didn't have you I would be sad mom." Super cute.
Here's a picture of the love pile! It was so cute to see what the kids wrote to each other and to hear what Emily and Nathan said they loved about their siblings. Emily told me "I love hugging Nathan even though he hates it when I hug him!" So cute!
Nathan had a SUPER rough night the night before last and he was up coughing and crying ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I slept on his floor by his bed for half of the night and then downstairs on the couch the other half of the night. I say slept but there really wasn't much of that going on by either Nathan or I. He was wheezing and super congested and has a super bad chest cough and just having a really rough time, he didn't have a fever or I would have suspected pneumonia, which I hear is going around. Anyway, all day yesterday I kept trying to sneak back upstairs for a nap. Peter was so wonderful and took all 4 of the kids out to Home Depot and then out for Pizza so I could get some rest. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fall asleep during that time. But when Peter was on his way home he called me to tell me to get my camera and come out to the car. Nathan had fallen asleep on the way home and had Pizza all over his face and had his mouth wide open since he was so congested. So cute!
Later in the afternoon, just as I was actually falling asleep, the doorbell rang and it was Maddie's piano teacher who I had forgotten was coming! I watch her kids on Monday for 2 hours while she teaches all of her piano lessons in exchange for Maddie's lessons at no charge. Anyway. The kids didn't have school so I had spaced piano lessons all together. Needless to say I did not get a nap all day, and was exhausted and slept like a rock last night. But that is the price you pay for having kids. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
It was such a sweet night full of hugs and smiles. I love my cute little family. Two of my favorite notes came from Tyler. I thought I'd put them on here so you could see them.
This one was from Tyler to Nathan and it says, "Nathan, you are cute!!!!! And you make messes. But you are still cute"
This one says, "Mom, You are the greatest!!! And you help us! And play with us! If I didn't have you I would be sad mom." Super cute.
Here's a picture of the love pile! It was so cute to see what the kids wrote to each other and to hear what Emily and Nathan said they loved about their siblings. Emily told me "I love hugging Nathan even though he hates it when I hug him!" So cute!Nathan had a SUPER rough night the night before last and he was up coughing and crying ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I slept on his floor by his bed for half of the night and then downstairs on the couch the other half of the night. I say slept but there really wasn't much of that going on by either Nathan or I. He was wheezing and super congested and has a super bad chest cough and just having a really rough time, he didn't have a fever or I would have suspected pneumonia, which I hear is going around. Anyway, all day yesterday I kept trying to sneak back upstairs for a nap. Peter was so wonderful and took all 4 of the kids out to Home Depot and then out for Pizza so I could get some rest. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fall asleep during that time. But when Peter was on his way home he called me to tell me to get my camera and come out to the car. Nathan had fallen asleep on the way home and had Pizza all over his face and had his mouth wide open since he was so congested. So cute!
Later in the afternoon, just as I was actually falling asleep, the doorbell rang and it was Maddie's piano teacher who I had forgotten was coming! I watch her kids on Monday for 2 hours while she teaches all of her piano lessons in exchange for Maddie's lessons at no charge. Anyway. The kids didn't have school so I had spaced piano lessons all together. Needless to say I did not get a nap all day, and was exhausted and slept like a rock last night. But that is the price you pay for having kids. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
3 comments:
those notes are darling. i'm sure you are saving them... maybe we'll do something similar on V-day.
Cute idea, this year I am doing 14 days of Valentine's for Tyler. I got it off Summer Driggs blog. Starting Feb 1st I do something special, or give him a little Valentine of some sort all the way through till Valentine's day. I love it because it makes me think of him and be creative every day!
That is such a cute idea!! I love it! I want to do that with our sweet family. :) Maybe We'll write notes for our sweet little lady. We can just write what we hope she thinks. :) lol Honestly I love that idea!
Post a Comment