Saturday, March 21, 2009

6 month Belly Shot

Here is my 24 week (officially 6 Months) Belly Shot! I'm still feeling great, Logan is a little wiggle worm and is kicking me constantly! Especially at night! I spent the day yesterday going through all of our baby boy clothes and getting rid of things that were super old or worn and made sure we had everything we needed for a summer baby boy! Tyler was born in the Fall and Nathan was born in the Spring, so I was worried we might need to pick up some things so that he'd be wearing the right things in the right seasons, but it looks like we're covered! I'm getting really excited! Nathan is so cute these days, wanting to "see baby Logan". For all of the kids this meant getting down to bare skin that they could hug and kiss and share toy cars with. I love my sweet kids and I love to see how excited they are about having a little brother. About a week or so ago Peter and I were realizing that it felt a little funny calling the baby Logan. I thought it was mostly just because the baby was Brooke in our minds for so long that we're just still trying to grasp the fact that it's a HE not a SHE. But we decided to try on a few other names just to see if Logan really was still our favorite. We talked to the kids and got some feedback from them, all of which was "His name is Logan, why are we going to try to change his name? He already HAS a name!". Peter and I agreed that we really did like Logan the best and it really does fit! Anyway! Enough Babbling! We had a super fun day with the kids today that I'll post about later AND we had a really neat opportunity to have Elder Hales come and speak to us for our Stake Conference. Peter went to the Priesthood session earlier this evening and then Peter and I went to the adult session tonight that was AMAZING and then we're hearing from him again tomorrow morning in the general session. Elder Daniel Jones of the seventy also came and he said something great. He said that often people come to conferences like this one and then publish their notes on what was said (or what they think was said) all over the internet via emails and such. He paused and said, "Don't do that." He said that this meeting was for our enrichment and didn't need to be published for everyone to see. So on that note, know that it was a really neat meeting where we were told that they were instructed NOT to prepare talks or messages for us but were instead advised to come and sense the needs of our stake and speak on what they were inspired that we needed to hear. And so we were taught and it was so amazing and we felt the spirit and were uplifted! And it was a great night and that's that!

4 comments:

Tami said...

You look awesome!

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!! Such a gorgeous happy pregnant glow!!! Love the Logan name... I think you should keep it too :)

kelly said...

I love the name Logan! Your kids sound like mine about names too. To them it's as crazy as if we were to change one of their names.

Tara Rickards said...

I like Logan and you look great!! Seriously!