We had a great weekend! Last week the weather was SO NICE! We spent a TON of time outside riding bikes, playing hide and seek, making Leprechaun traps and going to the park! Friday the kids ran home from the bus stop and were red faced and SWEATING! Hooray for Spring!! Well since we woke up today to SNOW covering the lawns and rooftops, I'm going to sit here by my cozy fire and blog about the fantastic fun we had in the sun! Thursday and Friday I spent a good amount of time sitting on the front porch in the sun reading a book that my sister in law Jen gave me for my birthday called "The Ladies Auxiliary" while the kids rode bikes and played tag outside! Peter and I took the kids to "Pajama Party" (our weekly babysitting co-op) on Friday night and ate dinner at the Paradise Bakery (SO SO SO yummy!) and then came home and watched "Henry Poole Is Here" (Super cute movie - clean and funny and inspiring and just good!) and then went and picked the kids up. Saturday morning we cleaned house. Everyone cleaned their rooms and then we all cleaned all the bathrooms in the house and took out garbages and cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the floors. Then we took the kids to Pizza Hut/KFC where they redeemed their "reading coupons" from school for free personal pan pizzas.
The kids loved each having their own pizza and I was SO happy to enjoy KFC coleslaw and warm biscuits! YUM!Then we went to the park and played soccer and football (catch really) and the kids just played on the monkey bars and swings and slides while Peter and I sat and watched them and laughed at their funny comments and mannerisms!



(Nathan wasn't a grump, he was just getting tired and he'd stopped swinging and was just chillin' trying not to fall asleep!)




We LOVE our cute little kids and we had SUCH a fun day with them! The wind started to really pick up while we were out and Peter's allergies were starting to act up, so we decided to call it a day. I dropped everyone off at home and then headed out to Costco and WalMart. Then when I got home, Peter got to go to the Priesthood Leadership session of Stake Conference where Elder Robert D. Hales and Elder Daniel K. Jones (of the Seventy) spoke to them. He had a GREAT experience there and felt the spirit really strongly as they spoke and bore their special witnesses of Christ. Then he came home and we had a little bit of time before we headed out for the adult session of Conference. So the kids showed Peter their Leprechaun traps that they'd been working on! So cute! They rigged up string and boxes and made signs saying, "Free Gold" and tape to get them stuck! They were so funny! Here's a picture of Tyler and his buddy Aaron and their trap and Maddie and hers:
So then we went to the Adult Session of Conference and it really was such an uplifting evening and we both felt a renewed desire to do our best to do all we could to build up the kingdom and strengthen our family. After the meeting, we went out and got ice cream and cash for the babysitter. And came home. Sunday morning we had another GREAT session of Conference where we heard again from Elder Hales, Sister Hales, and Elder Jones and of course our amazing Stake President. Then we came home and since Peter had the Priesthood session, he wanted me to have another spiritual outing! So he stayed home with the kids while I went to the Draper Temple Dedication. It was broadcast to our stake center and I'm SO glad I was able to be there! It reminded me of when I attended the Fresno Temple Dedication. Such a great weekend!!
2 comments:
Janelle, what a adorable family you have it brings back memories of when my family was small and all of my kids were little. I enjoy reading your blog and all the exciting things your family does together!
Wow, beautiful swing shots, love that sky.
Post a Comment