So as I said in my last post I took the kids out for some fun this morning. I've had a pretty crazy week with them and I really felt like I wanted to do something fun with them. I thought Nathan was teething since he's almost 2 I figured he was getting his molars. He's been super fussy and he has his whole fist in his mouth ALL THE TIME! Anyway, the other day I actually got him to open his mouth and I checked things out... he already has 4 full grown molars and not a gap in his mouth! He's NOT teething! Anyway, with Nathan in "super grump" mode and the other kids having some behavioral issues recently I've felt drained physically and emotionally and I've not been super patient. This last week was not among my finest as a mother, we'll leave it at that! :o)So Peter left to go to the temple around noon and the kids and I left shortly after. We went to McDonald's and grabbed a few cheeseburgers with no onions or pickles (except for Maddie who loves pickles) and then headed over to Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum. We have a property pass that gets us into the Museum, Farm Country, Children's Gardens and the Big Gardens for free for the year, so we are there a lot! Anyway! Peter's mom took the kids there a few weeks back when Peter and I went to a sealing for a family in our ward and Nathan has been BEGGING to go back to the "Dinosaur Music" (music is how he's been saying museum - darling huh?) and so we went. The kids were all really excited. Here's some cute pictures of them there today:



We spent about an hour or so there and then headed to the deli at Thanksgiving Point where they give free kids cones to kids 3 and under and it's only 25 cents for older kids cones! So we spent a whopping 50 cents and enjoyed some tasty ice cream!




We had a really fun day together. I really do love being a mother. It's incredibly draining sometimes and I don't feel nearly adequate enough to do what I'm supposed to be doing, but there are so many blessings and rewards that it's all just so worth it. It really is. Amidst all the chaos I can honestly say that it's worth it. I know this is what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing right now and I know that I CAN do a great job at it. He wouldn't trust me with His precious children if He didn't think that I could do it. So I have to have faith in that. I'm doing my best and as long as Peter and I trust Him and involve Him in all that we're doing, then we will not fail and our kids will turn out okay, and that's all we can hope for. That we can teach them what's right and love them unconditionally (and SHOW them that love) and enjoy being together as a family. THAT is success to me.Anyway! Just as we were finishing up Peter called to let us know he was home from the Temple. I took the kids home and then headed off for my turn at the temple. I'm so so so grateful that I was able to go! It's such a blessing especially after a hard week. It was just so rejuvenating and I came home feeling fresh. I'm so grateful for the temple. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father made it possible for us to do service for others while still learning and growing and being renewed ourselves. What a blessing!
3 comments:
Looks like a fun little outting. And, Happy late Birthday! I swear it was just December. Time is going by so fast, it's hard to keep up. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your family. We sure miss you.
Hey Janelle thanks for making me cry here. It is comforting in a way to hear that people like you (who I admire so much as a mother and person) actually struggle with motherhood at times, because you seem to do it so flawlessly! I know everyone struggles, but just know you are an example to so many. I am so happy that we can live so close and I can be a witness to your goodness on almost a daily basis!
Dawn
Janelle your children are darling! I really enjoy reading about all the fun things you do together and your girls look alot like you! They are all so cute.
Cyndi
Post a Comment