So I usually start having a few random contractions about 8 weeks before my due date and then by 4 to 6 weeks before my due date I'm having CONSTANT contractions anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes apart (all day, every day!) until the baby is born, which is usually about a week before my due date. Well Saturday night as I was falling asleep I had my first real contraction. Then I had 4 or 5 during church on Sunday and then that afternoon had another 5 or so and then that evening they were pretty constant, sometimes one right after another, sometimes a few minutes apart. Today I've had them pretty constantly. I haven't timed them, but I'm guessing that when I'm on my feet doing stuff they are about 3 or 4 minutes apart and then when I sit down for awhile they are about 10 to 15 minutes apart. They aren't super uncomfortable, but I've been feeling these contractions in my back more than with any of the other kids, and towards the end of the day it starts to really wear on me. I am still just over 10 weeks from my due date, so these are early even for me (and more consistent than I remember them being this early before.) So I decided today that I'd just be up for a little bit at a time and then find some sitting things to do. For example, I'm catching up on laundry today (only one load to go and I'm all caught up again) so I decided that I'd unload the dryer onto the floor and bring hangers down there with me. I sat on the floor and folded and hung up clothes several times today. Then I sat and matched socks during another break. Today is also my cooking day for our food swap so while I chopped veggies and did food prep, I did it sitting at the table instead of standing at the counter. But my favorite thing that I've found to do during my "breaks" was to scrapbook! I think I may get some pages done again and classify it as "for the health of my baby"! Sounds good right? Anyway, this is the only one I got done today. I'm hoping to get at least a page a day done, that will force me to sit for awhile every day.Monday, April 27, 2009
Early Contractions equals Scrapbooking!
So I usually start having a few random contractions about 8 weeks before my due date and then by 4 to 6 weeks before my due date I'm having CONSTANT contractions anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes apart (all day, every day!) until the baby is born, which is usually about a week before my due date. Well Saturday night as I was falling asleep I had my first real contraction. Then I had 4 or 5 during church on Sunday and then that afternoon had another 5 or so and then that evening they were pretty constant, sometimes one right after another, sometimes a few minutes apart. Today I've had them pretty constantly. I haven't timed them, but I'm guessing that when I'm on my feet doing stuff they are about 3 or 4 minutes apart and then when I sit down for awhile they are about 10 to 15 minutes apart. They aren't super uncomfortable, but I've been feeling these contractions in my back more than with any of the other kids, and towards the end of the day it starts to really wear on me. I am still just over 10 weeks from my due date, so these are early even for me (and more consistent than I remember them being this early before.) So I decided today that I'd just be up for a little bit at a time and then find some sitting things to do. For example, I'm catching up on laundry today (only one load to go and I'm all caught up again) so I decided that I'd unload the dryer onto the floor and bring hangers down there with me. I sat on the floor and folded and hung up clothes several times today. Then I sat and matched socks during another break. Today is also my cooking day for our food swap so while I chopped veggies and did food prep, I did it sitting at the table instead of standing at the counter. But my favorite thing that I've found to do during my "breaks" was to scrapbook! I think I may get some pages done again and classify it as "for the health of my baby"! Sounds good right? Anyway, this is the only one I got done today. I'm hoping to get at least a page a day done, that will force me to sit for awhile every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whoa! Better be careful...
So, is this a digital scrapbook? VERY cute! Lemme know because if it is digital, then maybe I could do them too!
Well, I think you need to sit at least enough to get 2 or 3 pages done a day!
Janelle, I was visiting another friends blog-site and she had a tag to this woman site http://jmdigitaldesigns.blogspot.com/ I'm sending it to you because she reminded me of you. So very talented, I thought you'd want to check out some of her scrapbooking, and the best part is, I think if I remember correctly, she from Australia. I'd also bet she's a member of the church. I tried really hard to find something that said she was, but couldn't find anything in concrete. But she does put church first, then family...just check out her site and tell me what you think. Hugs, Cyndi
Post a Comment