So Kelly tagged me and the way this goes is you are supposed to list six unimportant or insignificant things that make you happy. So here goes:
1. Poetry - I have always loved poetry. I think I got it from my mom. She had several Carol Lynn Pearson poetry books and the complete works of Robert Frost and tons of other poets in our library at home while I was growing up. She had several great ones memorized and they always captured me when she recited them. Peter wrote a few poems that he'd posted on the LDSBBS (back in the day!) and I was super impressed with them. My friend Leona made me a bookmark with a poem about Friendship on it and my friend Bryan got me a book of uplifting poetry with pictures by Greg Olsen one year for Christmas and my friend Ricky got bought me a book called "Walking" that was a book of poems/essays by Henry David Thoreau as well as some gorgeous photography and my mother-in-law (at the time she was my Laurel Advisor) read a poem to describe me as a part of one of our mutual activities where we were modeling modest wedding dresses and talking about temple marriage (Peter was still on his mission). I used to write poems all the time in High School and wrote several while Peter was on his mission that I treasure now. I memorized Robert Frost's "Road Not Taken" and recited it to Peter on one of our first dates while we were walking along a river path. Peter wrote one for me that he read to me on the night that he kissed me for the first time. As you can see I have many many MANY fond memories that involve poetry. The other day I was searching for a poem online and I found a blog that has a poem posted every day to match her mood or that has to do with something that happened that day and I got totally lost in it and when I finally snapped out of it, I'd spent over an hour on her blog just reading poems! Here's a link to her site: http://karenspoetryspot.blogspot.com/
2. Photography - I love taking pictures! I love capturing little moments that will last forever but that you may have forgotten otherwise. I love focusing on those little things and then remembering that that's what really matters in life. I love being creative and trying to see things in different ways and trying to capture things that we seem to usually overlook. I found this blog on Michelle Tandy's Photography blog (also fabulous by the way) and I loved the way her photos capture things in real life in all their imperfections and silliness. I don't know what it is about them but they are just priceless. http://sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/
3. Music - So I know I've gone off on the "I love music" tangent a gazillion times before so I'll keep it short this time. Music moves me! I am inspired and uplifted so easily through music and I really do feel like my testimony has grown and developed so much over the years as a result of music. I love the spirit it brings into my life and I love that it can change and affect your mood so much. Silly music makes you want to dance and be silly, classical music makes you feel pensive and relaxed, fun upbeat love songs (my personal favorite) make you want to dance and give you that "awwww curl your toes and grin while thinking about your sweetheart" feeling! The music here on my blog makes me happy! I love all of the songs on here and I often turn on my music list while I clean house or scrapbook just because it puts me in such a great mood!
4. Nature - Growing up we went camping twice a year in Northern California at a place called Whiskeytown Lake and some of my favorite childhood memories are from there. The smell of pine trees and pancakes and campfires always bring back SO many memories. And trips to Yosemite with family and friends have always been some of my favorite too. I love mountains and rivers and waterfalls and pine trees and wildflower meadows. I feel like I'm home when I'm in nature. I feel relaxed and comfortable and awed and humble all at the same time. We can truly feel of our "smallness" when we are among so many beautiful and majestic things. But on the flip side I feel so loved and so important. I can feel Heavenly Father's love for me so strongly as I sit surrounded by his most beautiful creations. I know without a doubt that I am His daughter and that He cherishes me and is aware of everything that I am experiencing and feeling and thinking. My mind is always so clear and I just love it! Everything about Nature makes me happy. Even just sitting in my living room listening to birds singing outside, or snuggled into a cozy blanket by a fire watching the snow fall outside or listening to a thunderstorm with the rain pattering on the windows and the low rumble of thunder. Just so amazing!!
5. Babies - We all know that I am eternally baby hungry, but these days that hunger is more like a fierce raging NEED to have a baby in my arms - perhaps that has something to do with having him out of my body! There's a poem by Carol Lynn Pearson called "The Ninth Month" and it goes like this:
"Being a duplex
I have been happy, my dear,
To loan you half the house
Rent-free and furnished
As best I could.
You have been a good tenant, all in all
Quiet, yet comfortably there
Tapping friendly on the wall.
But I hear you have outgrown the place
And are packing up to move.
Well, I will miss the sweet proximity.
But we will keep in touch.
There are bonds, my dear,
That reach beyond a block
Or a mile or a hemisphere
Born of much love and labor.
I approve the move
And gladly turn from landlady
To neighbor."
Too bad I'm not even into the Ninth Month yet and I'm already anxious to kick out my sweet little tenant! But the thought of having a healthy new baby in my arms makes all of the waiting worth it. Babies bring me peace. I have always loved them. I love comforting them and mostly silly things like smelling them and rubbing cheeks with them and kissing the bottoms of their tiny little feet. I love their purity and perfection. Babies bring me SO much happiness! And I'm SO so happy to have another little baby in our home very soon! (I'm still having contractions about 3 minutes apart and I've had a few days of pretty painful ones. They are not Braxton Hicks contractions. I guess there is a real medical condition called an "Irritable Uterus" and I've had it for all 5 pregnancies and didn't know it! There's a website that talks all about it if you are interested. No risk of preterm labor, just a risk of going into labor and not knowing because irritable uterus contractions feel exactly the same as real labor contractions. Nice eh? The doctor says he won't let me go past July 2nd - that's only 6 1/2 weeks)
6. My husband - now Peter is by NO MEANS insignificant or unimportant but I couldn't help myself. He makes me SO happy!! Every happy thing in my life I can link back to him and if he was gone then all of those happy things would seem to disappear. I feel so so so very blessed to have him and I'm so glad that despite me imperfections he still loves me so much. He makes me laugh every day and brings SO much joy into our family. He sacrifices for us and plays with us and teaches us and is a constant example to us. I would truly be lost without him. If you want to read some more gooey lovey stuff about Peter you can click here or here. I love you Peter!
1. Poetry - I have always loved poetry. I think I got it from my mom. She had several Carol Lynn Pearson poetry books and the complete works of Robert Frost and tons of other poets in our library at home while I was growing up. She had several great ones memorized and they always captured me when she recited them. Peter wrote a few poems that he'd posted on the LDSBBS (back in the day!) and I was super impressed with them. My friend Leona made me a bookmark with a poem about Friendship on it and my friend Bryan got me a book of uplifting poetry with pictures by Greg Olsen one year for Christmas and my friend Ricky got bought me a book called "Walking" that was a book of poems/essays by Henry David Thoreau as well as some gorgeous photography and my mother-in-law (at the time she was my Laurel Advisor) read a poem to describe me as a part of one of our mutual activities where we were modeling modest wedding dresses and talking about temple marriage (Peter was still on his mission). I used to write poems all the time in High School and wrote several while Peter was on his mission that I treasure now. I memorized Robert Frost's "Road Not Taken" and recited it to Peter on one of our first dates while we were walking along a river path. Peter wrote one for me that he read to me on the night that he kissed me for the first time. As you can see I have many many MANY fond memories that involve poetry. The other day I was searching for a poem online and I found a blog that has a poem posted every day to match her mood or that has to do with something that happened that day and I got totally lost in it and when I finally snapped out of it, I'd spent over an hour on her blog just reading poems! Here's a link to her site: http://karenspoetryspot.blogspot.com/
2. Photography - I love taking pictures! I love capturing little moments that will last forever but that you may have forgotten otherwise. I love focusing on those little things and then remembering that that's what really matters in life. I love being creative and trying to see things in different ways and trying to capture things that we seem to usually overlook. I found this blog on Michelle Tandy's Photography blog (also fabulous by the way) and I loved the way her photos capture things in real life in all their imperfections and silliness. I don't know what it is about them but they are just priceless. http://sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/
3. Music - So I know I've gone off on the "I love music" tangent a gazillion times before so I'll keep it short this time. Music moves me! I am inspired and uplifted so easily through music and I really do feel like my testimony has grown and developed so much over the years as a result of music. I love the spirit it brings into my life and I love that it can change and affect your mood so much. Silly music makes you want to dance and be silly, classical music makes you feel pensive and relaxed, fun upbeat love songs (my personal favorite) make you want to dance and give you that "awwww curl your toes and grin while thinking about your sweetheart" feeling! The music here on my blog makes me happy! I love all of the songs on here and I often turn on my music list while I clean house or scrapbook just because it puts me in such a great mood!
4. Nature - Growing up we went camping twice a year in Northern California at a place called Whiskeytown Lake and some of my favorite childhood memories are from there. The smell of pine trees and pancakes and campfires always bring back SO many memories. And trips to Yosemite with family and friends have always been some of my favorite too. I love mountains and rivers and waterfalls and pine trees and wildflower meadows. I feel like I'm home when I'm in nature. I feel relaxed and comfortable and awed and humble all at the same time. We can truly feel of our "smallness" when we are among so many beautiful and majestic things. But on the flip side I feel so loved and so important. I can feel Heavenly Father's love for me so strongly as I sit surrounded by his most beautiful creations. I know without a doubt that I am His daughter and that He cherishes me and is aware of everything that I am experiencing and feeling and thinking. My mind is always so clear and I just love it! Everything about Nature makes me happy. Even just sitting in my living room listening to birds singing outside, or snuggled into a cozy blanket by a fire watching the snow fall outside or listening to a thunderstorm with the rain pattering on the windows and the low rumble of thunder. Just so amazing!!
5. Babies - We all know that I am eternally baby hungry, but these days that hunger is more like a fierce raging NEED to have a baby in my arms - perhaps that has something to do with having him out of my body! There's a poem by Carol Lynn Pearson called "The Ninth Month" and it goes like this:
"Being a duplex
I have been happy, my dear,
To loan you half the house
Rent-free and furnished
As best I could.
You have been a good tenant, all in all
Quiet, yet comfortably there
Tapping friendly on the wall.
But I hear you have outgrown the place
And are packing up to move.
Well, I will miss the sweet proximity.
But we will keep in touch.
There are bonds, my dear,
That reach beyond a block
Or a mile or a hemisphere
Born of much love and labor.
I approve the move
And gladly turn from landlady
To neighbor."
Too bad I'm not even into the Ninth Month yet and I'm already anxious to kick out my sweet little tenant! But the thought of having a healthy new baby in my arms makes all of the waiting worth it. Babies bring me peace. I have always loved them. I love comforting them and mostly silly things like smelling them and rubbing cheeks with them and kissing the bottoms of their tiny little feet. I love their purity and perfection. Babies bring me SO much happiness! And I'm SO so happy to have another little baby in our home very soon! (I'm still having contractions about 3 minutes apart and I've had a few days of pretty painful ones. They are not Braxton Hicks contractions. I guess there is a real medical condition called an "Irritable Uterus" and I've had it for all 5 pregnancies and didn't know it! There's a website that talks all about it if you are interested. No risk of preterm labor, just a risk of going into labor and not knowing because irritable uterus contractions feel exactly the same as real labor contractions. Nice eh? The doctor says he won't let me go past July 2nd - that's only 6 1/2 weeks)
6. My husband - now Peter is by NO MEANS insignificant or unimportant but I couldn't help myself. He makes me SO happy!! Every happy thing in my life I can link back to him and if he was gone then all of those happy things would seem to disappear. I feel so so so very blessed to have him and I'm so glad that despite me imperfections he still loves me so much. He makes me laugh every day and brings SO much joy into our family. He sacrifices for us and plays with us and teaches us and is a constant example to us. I would truly be lost without him. If you want to read some more gooey lovey stuff about Peter you can click here or here. I love you Peter!
2 comments:
Your husband and babies CANNOT count as unimportant!!!
Loved reading this, true, pure, and simple and totally significant. You are one awesome girl! (woman, whatever, I still have a hard time thinking of us all as grown ups!)
Post a Comment