So this is my little Nathan Buddy just because I do believe that he is positively the cutest sweet boy in the entire universe! We got a trampoline finally!! We still haven't put up the enclosure yet but the kids seem to be managing just fine without it so far (knock on wood) we'll see how long it lasts. We set it up in the evening and the next morning ALL of the kids woke up bright and early and raced out to the backyard to jump! I had to drag Tyler off of it to get him dressed and ready or school. They spent ALL DAY on that thing and my house stayed relatively clean!! SO perfect!! I love it!!
Peter even took some time during his lunch break to come up and "test" the tramp to make sure it was safe. He did some back flips and crazy jumping to break it in for the kids! I think he's having as much fun with it as the kids are!
We really have enjoyed it and I can't believe what perfect timing it has been to have it! Like I said before the kids spend so much time outside that my house is staying really clean and so I don't have to be on my feet doing "disaster recovery" quite as frequently! And they are in our backyard instead of somewhere else in the neighborhood which means rounding them up at the end of the day is SO much easier and I don't have to go waddling around the neighborhood to various houses to collect my children! It's been so so great!
So for Mother's day we had a perfect day. Peter didn't have any early morning Bishopric meetings which meant I didn't have to wake up quite so early to get myself and the kids ready all on my own! Peter got up super early and got ready and then went down and made me breakfast while I was in the shower. He was so cute. I came down and he was wearing my apron that my sister in law made for me (which is SOOOO cute) flipping pancakes and eggs! I snapped a picture but he didn't want it posted. :(
So after a delicious breakfast he basically got the kids ready on his own and then he gave an EXCELLENT talk in Sacrament meeting about the sanctity of Motherhood and about appreciating the women in our lives. I love my sweet husband!! Peter started out sitting on the stand and after some struggles with one of our kids and a rather dramatic exit by this particularly large and awkward pregnant lady and her ferocious child, Peter left the stand to help out. He gave him a good talking to and then put him into an empty primary room under guarded supervision (thank you Taylor!) and then returned to the stand. Before the first talk a member of the bishopric stood up and invited Peter to sit with his family until it was his turn to speak and invited the other speaker (a father as well) to sit with his family at the conclusion of his talk! I was so relieved and grateful after such an "eventful" start to what I could tell was going to be a long Sacrament Meeting with the kids, that I almost cried! During Peter's talk however, Nathan started acting up and before I could even get up to take him out the brother in front of us turned around and offered to take him out for me. I felt incredibly spoiled! Here I am sitting alone with 4 kids for only 10 minutes and have so much help with the kids, and I looked at the Bishopric's families who have to sit alone EVERY WEEK with their kids and no one helping them! I was so humble and grateful and a little embarrassed that I so desperately needed that help! Oh well, what can you do? After church we came home and the kids all gave me cute little cards and drawings and melted my heart into a big gooey puddle of love! And then we laughed together as we read Maddie's Kindergarten Recipe Book. The kids all describe how to make their favorite recipes including ingredients, baking instructions and directions. SO so so funny! We laughed so hard that we had to pull out the one that Tyler's class made last year too. Such a cute thing! Then we had Peter's family over for dinner and Peter made BBQ Tri tip and seasoned red potatoes and we had salad and rolls and watermelon and a super yummy lemon cream pie made mostly by Tim. It was such a fun night and so nice to relax and hang out together. Madeline also took some new Belly Pictures for me. Here is my ever growing Belly at 32 weeks:


WOW! That's all there is to say about that. I'm getting HUGE!!
Then the next night for Family Home Evening we decided to plant some bushes and flowers in one of our empty (often weed cluttered) planters in the front yard. It was a fun night and the kids were so cute helping out. Emily just chucked her plants into their holes without any regard to which way was up and then walked away. Nathan on the other hand pushed his in, while Tyler and Maddie were like pros as they placed their plants in and broke up the soil around it and filled the holes back in. Here's some fun pictures of our evening:








Aren't they the cutest things?! I just adore my kids! I'm so so excited to meet little Logan and see what his little personality is going to be like because, let's face it, none of my kids could be described as boring!! And they are all pretty dang cute if you ask me! So Logan, I'm just so excited to meet you and kiss you and smell your little baby smell and hear your little baby noises! We love you already sweet boy!
5 comments:
The plants look great! How nice that your husband spoke on Mother's Day, I had to speak in our ward on Mother's Day, blech. It was nice to sit on the stand and be able to listen to everything though. And yes, your kids are super cute and I'm certain little Logan will be as well.
Your kids are so very cute. I love the pics of them planting flowers and your oldest daughter wearing "protective eye gear" so cute! I can't believe you are 32 weeks already. For those of us that don't live in Utah please post the minute you go into labor...so we can send prayers your way. Love, Cyndi
Is that a watermelon in your dress...or are you just happy to see me.
;)
So good at spending time with the kids and teaching them to work and play together and as a family! You and Peter are such a great example to me! Thanks! :)
love you
Janelle, such sweet stories about your hubby! I've dubbed him "Saint Peter" I think it suits him especially well this weekend! Your kids stories are always entertaining and heart warming!I just wish we had more time with them! Love you little sis!
Post a Comment