Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bear Lake Reunion - Day 3


So it's been almost 2 months since our Bear Lake trip but I wanted to get it all finished. Maybe that's why I haven't done any other posts recently because I wanted to catch up first! Oh well! Our last day of Bear Lake was a lot of fun, possibly the most exciting day of the whole reunion! We started off the day with the kids doing some cute circus crafts:
 and Peter entertained the boys by sending them on "missions" as their drill sergeant.

And Nathan entertained himself and gave Great Grandpa Hurd some smiles as he blew bubbles at Grandpa and then Grandpa would try to catch them and when they'd pop he'd act surprised and Nathan would laugh like crazy! It was kind of tricky because Grandpa only has a small area that he can see out of so sometimes he wouldn't see the bubbles and they'd pop on his face and he'd be genuinely surprised and Nathan would laugh even harder! It was so much fun to see such a sweet interchange between my ailing Grandfather and my sweet son! I hope they always remember theses sweet memories that they've created together.

After a fun morning together we decided to head down to the beach. It was such a beautiful lake, I'd never seen anything like it! Here's a few scenes of the beach:
 The kids had so much fun collecting shells and making sand castles and Emily and Brynne just loved to splash and wade in the water that was shallow FOREVER! The last picture is one of Peter and Nathan out in the lake and Nathan is still walking!
We came back from the beach and had lunch and Logan took a little nap (probably his 3rd of the day! Remember he was only 5 weeks old)
And then we enjoyed some snow cones and Cotton Candy. Then all of the kids played a nice game of chase Kevin around camp! He was so cute with all of the kids and will make a great dad someday!
Then it was time for the Circus!! The kids had been working every day at "Clown School" putting together fun circus acts for us! It was so cute! Emily had fallen asleep and wasn't quite awake enough to do her act, and we didn't even recognize Maddie until almost halfway through the whole thing!! She looked so adorable! They told jokes and did skits and Willy the Clown did some magic tricks for us and Aunt Bev even dressed up as the Circus Conductor (or whatever they are called!). It was really a lot of fun! I don't have many pictures because I was doing all the video of the acts and Jen was taking all of the pictures. But here's a few that I do have! (Maddie is in the pink hat!)

After the circus we got dinner ready and then did a little birthday celebration for Maddie and aunt Ruth. Maddie's birthday was 3 days later and Aunt Ruth's was the next week. (Maddie still had her clown make up on) We sang and ate cake and opened a few presents. Maddie was so excited that a few years ago she got to have her birthday at the beach (at another Hurd Family reunion) and this year she got to have her birthday at Bear Lake! She feels so special that everyone gets to celebrate with her!
We really had such a great time and it was so good to spend time with family that we don't get to see very often. I'm so glad that we have this tradition! I'm looking forward to next year!

No comments: