Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grandpa Doot-da-Doot, sledding and a Derby

A few Sunday's ago Nathan wore the cutest tweed jacket to church! It was my brother's when he was little and I wanted to take a picture of my handsome little man all dressed up! Well, Nate-Man had other plans! I took a gazillion pictures of him running away from me instead! Lol! Finally Tyler grabbed him and so I could get at least one picture, even though you can't really see how cute the whole outfit was and he had chocolate cookie all over his face it was still pretty cute.

That night a bunch of my family came over and we celebrated my Grandpa's 29th birthday... again!!
This is my mom's dad and my kids call him Grandpa Doot-Da-Doot because he does a little song and tickle routine on everyone every time he sees them and it's called a Doot Da Doot and you have to have one or at least see one done in order to truly appreciate it! He's been giving "Doot-Da-Doot"s ever since I was a little girl and much longer I'm sure! We love Grandpa so much and had a great time celebrating his birthday! It's so fun to be able to fit so much family in my house at once and not feel like a bunch of sardines!!

My Mom was in town again and we decided that we'd head up to Park City to the outlets and take advantage of the clearance on the winter clothes and stock up for next year. There were some great sales but that wasn't really the highlight of the trip. I spilled water on myself while we were eating lunch and it landed right on my lap and looked exactly like I'd wet myself!! It was actually really funny! However it was cold and we had only been to one store so we headed over to the Gap where my mom had seen some $6 pants. I found some super cute ones that were actually $9 and I walked right up to the register without even taking them off and ripped the tags off and paid for them. I wasn't about to put my soaking wet jeans back on! Anyway! I do wish I would have had a picture just because it really was unbelievable how perfectly the water landed to make it appear that it was much more than just a water spill! Anyway! Here's a cute picture of Maddie trying on some of the clothes that will fit her NEXT winter! The pants were about $5 and the shirts were $2 at Gap Kids.

We also took the kids sledding and they had SO much fun! Here's Emily going down and Nathan hiking up:

Emily and Nate-Man going down together:

Cute Maddie Moo:

Tyler MacGhinnis:

Tyler and Nathan:

And little Nate-Man:

Tyler also got to participate in his very first Pinewood Derby this past Saturday! He and Peter had so much fun making and painting his car! They were sure that it'd be the fastest for sure! Here's the finished product:

Maddie and Nathan watching the race anxiously:

On Tyler's first run down the ramp his car actually jumped the track and came in last! Woops! He was trying so hard not to cry or show his disappointment. He tried to smile and act like it was no big deal, he didn't know that his car would have another run with a different set of cars. Sweet boy! Here's a picture of him just after the first race:

He ended up coming in second the second time around but didn't get to go any further. He ended up in good spirits and had a lot of fun. Here's his whole den and their awesome den leaders John and Jamie Benich:

My Granny (my Dad's mom) was actually in town for the weekend and she and my mom got to be there to watch. My mom kept telling us that we needed to change the weights on his car after the first round, even though it was against the official Pinewood Derby rules! So funny. Oh well, better luck next year!

No comments: