Photo is of Emily one day in November when I told her it was time to go down and clean up the basement. She said, "Aww Mom! I don't WANT to clean the basement!" and flung herself dramatically onto the couch and fell right asleep and didn't move from that position for over an hour!I'm feeling like this today, so exhausted that I could sleep like this quite comfortably! Logan has been sick since Friday. He's had a fever on and off, he's thrown up a few times, had crazy diarrhea (4-6 armpit to ankle complete blowouts every day) and has a cough and runny nose and so much phlegm that he gags on it and sometimes throws up. My happy baby has been masked by a mess of sad eyes and miserable complaining groans. Last night he was up several times with messy diapers and coughs. And after he finally seemed to settle down I heard a cough and cry that was all wrong for him. I jumped out of bed just in time to catch Emily running down the hall towards the bathroom leaving a trail of throw up behind her. I got her all cleaned up and settled down back to bed and set in to clean up the carpet. Have you ever smelled Chocolate throw up? You think it'd be fine and possibly the most pleasant that throw up could be, if it could be classified as pleasant at all. However, you'd be wrong. Chocolate pudding throw up smells terrible (even more-so than regular throw up - truly!) and it's red. Sadly I have had enough experience with cleaning up throw up that I've become a connoisseur of sorts and can distinguish what the poor child had last to eat, not only by the chunky remnants but also from the color and smell of it after it's been sitting in stomach acid for several hours. Disgusting, I know, but sadly, all too true. So I got the hallway all cleaned up and checked on Emily again, she said she was feeling a little better so I left her with a "yuck bucket" (our term of endearment for the whatever object is designated to catch any unfortunate and untimely spills.) I laid back down in my bed, and within a few minutes she was calling for me and we met in the bathroom and she was at it again. Unfortunately about this time Maddie came into the bathroom saying she wasn't feeling very good and we made room for her around the porcelain throne. She however, never produced, but did beg me to camp out with her in the bathroom just in case. A few times during our "camp-out" Logan woke up again needing a diaper (and jammie) change. After 3 1/2 hours straight of being awake with one of the 3 sick kids, I finally brought Logan (who was wide awake and not hungry or needing to be changed but very uncomfortable and unhappy) into bed with me and eventually passed him off to Peter since I was, at this point, in a sad state of delirium manifest by tears of exhaustion. Maddie came in several times through the rest of the morning (it was almost 6 am when I finally laid down) and Logan was unsettled for quite awhile. Nathan had an accident in the night and the girls woke up bright and early way too chipper and energetic (and loud) for having been sick all night! Logan however seems to be just as miserable and oh, did I mention he's teething right now too? Peter was a saint from 6 to 9 this morning, but he had a ton of work that he needed to do and had to head downstairs to the office and work after that.
Summary: the kids are/were sick and I'm exhausted
5 comments:
Love ya sis, I'm so sorry it all sounds so miserable!! But on the bright side you've now got another skill to add to your ever increasing Mommy resume, puke connoisseur!
How the heck are you awake/alive enough to blog about this?!? You are truly super women. I do not know how you do it!!
yeah - stop blogging and go to sleep!! :) really though - sick sucks!! i just hope you don't get it too. that is the WORST. hang in there.
Wow... it sounds like you've had/have your hands full! I'm so sorry! I hope everyone recovers soon! I wish I lived closer so I could help you out!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Seriously!
ps... we now have an update blog for you to add to your blog reel so you know when we update ours it's bryanhelga.blogspot.com
No fun at all! I hope they all get feeling better soon and that you get some rest.
Post a Comment