Friday, January 29, 2010

Well for the entire month of January, these two darlings have been sick. Peter has been fighting getting sick forever and finally went in and found out he had double ear infections and a pretty bad sinus infection. He said that his sinuses have never hurt that bad in his whole life! He started on antibiotics and after almost a week decided that he was STILL getting WORSE and so we called the Dr and they called in a different prescription for him and he took that for another 3 or 4 days and STILL wasn't getting better and so he went back in and they gave him a shot of antibiotics and he's finally started to get a little better but he's still not 100%. Poor guy has been miserable! And Poor little Logan has never been sick before and wasn't quite sure how to handle it. As you know, he is normally the happiest smiley baby ever known to man. Well this has not been the case for the past several weeks. He would wake up grumpy and spend the day moaning in misery! Well I'm happy to announce that yesterday was the FIRST day without any diarrhea!! Yay!! My wonderful Mother-in-Law suggested more solid food (rice cereal and bananas) and less milk for a day. It worked! He ate 3 solid meals and only 2 bottles in between and one at bedtime and he the next day he was done! And no mess today either! So I'm jumping into this solid food deal with both feet! It takes a little longer to feed him but it's kind of fun! Besides, he looks like this when he eats:

... so that's reason enough, don't you think? Can you BELIEVE his eyelashes?! Seriously? To die for, right?

I'm happy to also report that he's been feeling much better and is now scooting (army crawl style)! Hooray for mobility! He also does something funny that none of my other kids have done and he gets up on his toes and hands and walks his feet forward and then lunges/face plants! So cute! Sometimes he walks his feet up so close to his hands that his bum is straight up the air and he falls over sideways! He is getting so big so fast and I just adore this little guy. I'm not ready to think about not having anymore. And I'm still not ready to really sit down and think and pray about it to find out if we are really done. But for now I am just soaking it up and savoring every minute with him in his babyhood... just in case!

Doesn't he look so yummy?! Darling boy! Speaking of darling, Emily has been so cute recently. She always cracks us up with her random comments. The other night we had an "elderly gentleman" to our home for Family Home Evening and as we doing the lesson Emily was sitting on a chair close to our guest and she suddenly wrinkles up her face and raises her eyebrows kind of crooked and exclaims, "It smells like a OLD MAN in here!" Luckily our elderly friend took it all in stride and chuckled and said, "Well that's alright dear! At least you're not afraid to speak your mind! I am an old man, so I suppose I do smell like one!"

She also likes to play dress up with Logan. Or pretend that he's a doll. Here he is playing "Swim" with Emily. At least he seems to be enjoying himself!

And here is the only picture I've been able to get of Nathan recently. He's started screaming and running away dramatically whenever I pull out the camera! He's got that sneaky look on his face in this picture and looks like he might bolt at any minute! Funny Nathan story, yesterday he was in the bathroom and Peter turned the light and the fan on for him and he yelled, "NO! DAD! I don't need the poop light on!" Lol!! He comes up with the funniest things! I just love that little guy!

And here's Emily also doing something uncommon... looking directly at the camera!!

Tyler built a cool Lego thing for 100th day using 100 legos and has been a social boy playing with friends everyday. He is a lover of all things football these days and brings his football and his "wide receiver gloves" to school everyday and plays all during recess and most of the day after school. Our living room has a vaulted ceiling and he loves to throw the ball up in the air and get creative with his catching, diving to catch it, catch and roll, catch behind the back, you get the idea! He is such a boy and so rough and tumble, but yet still so sweet and tender and such a great helper and a protective responsible big brother. Seriously, I love that kid!

2 comments:

Tami said...

you littlest one is SO DARLING. and yes, those eyelashes are to die for. how come it's always the boys that get them??

Jen said...

I can't believe how much older Nathan looks now that there's little Logan to compare him to. Great pictures!!