Monday, February 22, 2010

Just another Manic Monday...


It's "Crazy Hair Day" today (I double checked just to be sure!) and the kids have been looking forward to it all year. Last year in Kindergarten Maddie was worried that none of the other kids would do any crazy hairstyles and she didn't want to look silly all by herself, so she refused to do it. When she came home from school last year and everyone had done silly and crazy hairdo's she was sad that she hadn't joined in and she's been planning this hair do for an entire year!! Here she is! I had to take a picture with her hair in the light because she had commented how her hairdo reminded her of Syndrome on "The Incredibles" and when the light hit her hair it really looked like him! Tyler decided that his do ended up looking like Wolverine from x-men Anyway! Here they are in all of their crazy glory!



And since it is a MANIC Monday it's only fitting that these two darlings have the flu... again!

I think just having 2 kids in school and 1 in preschool 3 times a week and all the kids in primary classes we are exposed to A LOT of other kids and a lot of germs and things and then we bring them all home from all of their various locations and then voila! A constantly sick family! We have enormous germ-x dispensers strategically placed around the house and use them all the time and we wash hands all the time and try to disinfect everything often, but alas, the sickness always seem to find us! We kept them home from church yesterday even though it'd been almost 24 hours since having any symptoms and figured that by 6pm when they were STILL symptom free we were in the clear to join Peter's family for dinner. Well while we were there Logan had an enormous blow out which Peter graciously took care of while I helped finish getting dinner ready and then on the way home we had to pull over and let Nathan throw up outside. We got home and were putting the kids to bed and I went into Tyler's room to kiss him goodnight and Logan threw up all over himself and me and the floor. Luckily Tyler was out of the line of fire, he'd already endured a vomit shower by Nathan Saturday morning! And funny that Logan happened to throw up on TYLER'S floor because it seems to be becoming the place for disgusting things as a few weeks ago I came home from a girls night to hear the story of a neighbor boy who had been over playing that evening and left a nice brown squishy surprise on Tyler's floor. WHAT?! Lol! Tyler felt the need to remind us of that incident last night as more bodily excretions found their way once again onto his floor! Poor Boy, he's a good sport! Here's a picture of little Logie-Dogue last night after he threw up and I put him in the tub while I took off my defiled sweatshirt and tried to get it off Tyler's floor so he could go to sleep. Yes, that boy is always smiling! Happiest Baby on the planet!

And here are the treasures that await me this morning after accumulating in various sinks yesterday and this morning


Yes that ring around the sink is vomit and poo residue and yes those dark spot on the clothes in the next picture is vomit. Peter woke up this morning and said that he had a hard time sleeping because he kept smelling poo. He was so tired he didn't get up to investigate, but this morning discovered that there was a small spot of diaper changing residue left behind on his side of the bed from a middle of the night blow out the night before. No problem, let's just throw it on the pile! We love parenting! No really... we really do love parenting. This is just typical and needed to be documented that just because we love it, it doesn't mean it's all peaches and daisies and tickling and giggles and bedtime stories and snuggles and big slobbery kisses. There is lots and lots and lots of poo and vomit and tantrums and screaming and exhaustion. But mostly, there is love. I mean, really, there would have to be A LOT of love in order to deal with so much poo and vomit, right? Well, there is, and it's a good thing! It must be how we get through it all seemingly unscathed!

6 comments:

Christi said...

I'm sorry. I'm soooo sorry.

Tami said...

it really is kinda all about vomit and poo, isn't it? oh well. it won't always be.

Marylin said...

Oh that is awful!! I am sorry! I have to say that is one of the worst parts of parenting, cleaning up after all that!!! Hope this doesn't hurt your feelings but I won't be coming for a visit in the next few days :) LOL!! :)

Jill said...

I love the smiling baby in the bathtub with throw-up all over him - CLASSIC!

Davianne said...

I feel your pain! We've had a different set of sicknesses all month long even though I'm doing everything I can think of for us to be and stay healthy. I think germs are just getting stronger so they are living through more and for longer. I hate it.

Jen said...

Those crazy hair styles were great!!!!