I was trying to get caught up on blogging and realized that I just mentioned Nathan's birthday in passing and I owe him a for reals reals banana peels birthday post!

Above are some pictures of Nathan's first year of life! Doesn't he look a lot like Logan?! Sweet little guy! Nathan started smiling when he was only two weeks old! No one really believed me but they were for reals, responsive smiles (dozens in a row when he was in a good mood and every day! Not gas I tell you!) and they melted my heart!

.jpg)


As he got a little older and started to talk he spoke so clearly and put together full sentences and used to say the CUTEST things!! (he still does). My favorite is his "CHEESE" stage that he went through when it was time to take pictures! Funny Boy!

Some favorite Nathan stories:
(He had just turned 2 and I was about 6 months pregnant) "After Family Home Evening tonight, Nathan asked me to do something for him and I said, 'I can't I'm too pooped!' to which he replied without even skipping a beat, 'Den Daddy will change your bum!' Sweet boy thought I had pooped my pants and thought that I just needed a diaper change from daddy and I'd be all set to play!"
"While driving home from Zions everyone was super restless and getting tired and Nathan was especially fussy. And finally he exclaimed through tears of frustration, 'Mommy, I need suptin to kick! I need suptin to kick! Where's my soccer game? (that's what he calls his soccer ball) I just need suptin to kick!'"
Until May 2009 Nathan pronounced Horsies, "Worsies" and I never caught it on tape. But it was the cutest thing ever
June 2009 "While sitting on the toilet, in the bathroom all by himself I heard Nathan exclaim out of nowhere, 'What your talking bout Willis?!' and the other day at dinner during a rare quiet moment he started to sing, 'I like to move it move it!' and groove in his chair"
September 2009 "We were out running some errands and we drove past a squished skunk on the road. Nathan was in the backseat and he said, 'EWWwww Mom! What's dat stinky stink?!' I told him about the skunk in the road and asked him if it smelled yucky, to which he responded, 'Yeah, maybe we should wash our noses so da skunk won't stink us anymore!"
January 2010 "Peter asked Nathan what his whole big name was and he replied, 'Nate-Man Scott Ehat' and then Peter said, 'Not Nate-Man, your REAL name!' and Nathan was confused and said, 'Nate-Frog Scott Ehat?' and Peter said, 'Nope, that's not it either!' and then Nathan was really stumped and said, 'Dad my name is Nate-Man, I don't HAVE another name!' and when Peter told him that his REAL name was NATHAN he looked like he'd never heard the name before in his life! He truly thinks his name is Nate-Man!"

Something else that I just love and adore about my sweet little Nate-Man is how much he loves his little brother! Seriously, that is how we make it through most Sacrament Meetings at church semi-quietly! Nathan will sit perfectly still and reverent if he can hold Logan on his lap. He is always hugging him and giving him kisses and helping him with things. He is truly the sweetest brother ever!
I know they are going to be the BEST of friends as they get older!
I also just HAD to include these pictures from last month. We were at my friend Mindy's house doing our weekly dinner swap and the kids were in the basement playing. Nathan was the only boy there and the girls all wanted to play dress up! So Nathan found the most masculine outfit he could - a soccer referee is what he called it! Too bad it was one of the girls old dance costumes and had more feminine flare than anything "masculine" I've ever seen! Lol!!

We love our little Froggy and all of the adventure that he brings into our family! He is truly the most tender hearted little guy and has such a fun sense of humor! Every day he makes us smile and usually laugh till our sides hurt! Another amazing thing about little Nate-Frog is his BEAUTIFUL brown eyes and long eyelashes! I was looking at them a few weeks ago and couldn't get over what a neat color they were! They looked like rootbeer and I happened to catch a picture of them that somewhat did them justice!

Anyway! Happy late birthday sweet little Nate-Man! You are the cutest little 3 year old that ever there was and we love you VERY much!



1 comment:
i loved reading all those stories. such a cute boy. aren't kids the greatest?
Post a Comment