Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Festivities

What a fun time of year!! We took the kids to Cornbellys at Thanksgiving Point and it was super fun! I wish we would have gone earlier so we could have spent more time playing there. First of all, I LOVE the picture above! My husband is the best! He's so much fun to be around and makes me laugh every day!

Here are the kids posing for another fun picture. Love the way they always want to pull a face and try to make us laugh!

They had cool water pumps and you would put your little rubber duck in the water and then pump the water to race them to the other side. The kids had so much fun... and so did Peter!

The girls posing with a few handsome scarecrows!

The whole crew just before we went into "The Creature" (a huge blow up creature that you walked inside of through his mouth and into his stomach) and the bottom picture is all of us wandering in the corn maze. Peter's Mom and Lisa (my sister in law) came and so did Peter's brother Joe and his wife Jessica and their 3 kids. It was super fun!

Poor little Loguer-Doguer fell out of the stroller onto the street before we came and got a HUGE fat lip and a bloody nose. Poor guy! It was so sad to see him not even be able to smile because his lip was so swollen. And eating was super frustrating for him because his lip kept getting in the way!

Here's me with Logan and Maddie in the corn maze

Handsome little Nate-Man while we were on a little train/buggy ride

Here are the kids (and Peter) racing around on these cool tractor style bikes.

And last but not least we made it over to the huge "pillows" that the kids jumped on until it was time to go. I love doing fun things with my family! It really is so much fun. Peter always makes fun of me because I always have a camera glued to my face whenever we go somewhere but I am a picture addict and it makes me happy to see my kids faces as they are doing fun and exciting things. I also realized that my kids remember these things because I have pictures of them. There have been lots of fun places that we've gone where I haven't taken my camera, but they don't remember those as well. It's the places that we have pictures and video from that they never forget and always talk about. I want THEM to always remember the fun times we have together but I also love to look through them and see them having a fun time.

We tried to actually CARVE pumpkins a few years ago but it basically ended up being me and Peter doing all of the work and the kids just watching since they couldn't use the knifes and it gets super messy, so the last few years we've decided instead to paint our pumpkins. I'm sure Tyler and Maddie are both old enough to carve their own pumpkins but I think we'll wait another year just to make sure. Plus they seem to have just as much fun painting them. We'll save the carving for when everyone is just a little older.

Hope everyone has a happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

Tawna said...

Super cute Nell! I love the pic where it looks like Emily has squeezed the poor scarcrow in half. haha. Cornbelly's is my FAVORITE just because of all the fun extra stuff they have to do. Did you guys find the chickens that tell "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes? They are my favorite. :) Love and miss you guys!