What a busy month! We are adjusting to Peter's busy schedule and to me being pregnant. The kids got a 24 hour flu bug about 3 weeks ago and around that time my stomach started feeling a
little unsettled and I assumed I just and the same bug that the kids had. I didn't feel like I w
as going to throw up, just didn't feel so great. After a few weeks I noticed that my stomach STILL felt unsettled in dawned on me that it might be pregnancy sick. Duh! I don't usually get sick
when I'm pregnant so the thought didn't occur to me before. In fact each of my pregnancies have gotten easier and easier (until the end when I start having my contractions 5-7 minutes apart for the last several months). So anyway. I'm still feeling a little blah. Nothing to complain about compared to what most women feel when they are pregnant. Anyway! I'm almost 10 weeks along and went into the Dr yesterday and everything looks great! I had them do an ultrasound just to be SURE there is just one baby and... THERE IS JUST ONE BABY! Phew! That would have been interesting to say the least!
Here's a picture I stole from my sister's blog of me and my sister Tara on Thanksgiving Day. Tara is due in April with her 5th baby, doesn't she look great?

The kids have been loving the snow. Tyler made a snow fort in the backyard and the little kids spent a morning out pulling each other around on the sled while I plowed the driveway. I'm grateful that we decided to go in with a few neighbors and get a real snow blower. It makes the job go a TON faster!



Here's a cute little glimpse of what most days look like when Peter gets home from work. The kids all tackle him with hugs and then it turns into a big wrestling/tickling session. I love my sweet little family!



Cute little Emily wore this exciting ensemble to school one day (yes those are sandals over her socks)


I snapped a few pictures of Tyler before church a few weeks ago after he let me cut his hair. He really is such a handsome boy! I still can't believe he is 9 years old!


The kids and I went to California for Thanksgiving this year. Peter stayed home to take care of a funeral for the wonderful Jaime Bennee in our ward who was tragically killed in a plane crash in Payson several weeks ago. You can click here for more information and if you are interested in helping out the family, there is a memorial fund set up at Wells Fargo in Jamie's name. The funeral was the day before Thanksgiving and he also had a wedding to perform 2 days after Thanksgiving. The kids still really wanted to see their cousins and since we are staying in Utah for Christmas this year we decided to go ahead and go. Peter was able to celebrate Thanksgiving with all of his family here, so it worked out okay.
Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures while we were there and the few that I did take were oh my phone. My sister got a new camera though and took a gazillion pictures that I'm hoping to be able to steal from her soon. (I did manage to steel a few from my sister Jen's blog - still waiting for more pix from Tara)
Here's Logan on the drive down (which went VERY smoothly, as did the drive back. On the way home I caravaned with my brother and his family so I didn't have to take all 5 kids into the bathroom with me at every stop!)

Lauren and Maddie after performing a dance for all of the adults that they'd been working on all day. Cute cousins!

Here's Tyler wrestling with his cousin Drew

The girls playing with (or on) Uncle Jeff

The beautiful table (one of the many) and the yummy food that we enjoyed
PART of the family that was there for Thanksgiving Dinner at my parents house
Peter also celebrated his birthday this week. This picture was actually taken the morning we left for California. Peter is such a good dad and an amazing man. I am so lucky to have him and feel so blessed for everything he does for us. He is truly amazing.

We celebrated with a big family dinner on Sunday night and then had a small celebration with just our little family on Tuesday (his actual birthday). We ate a yummy dinner and then had some DELICIOUS cake (got the recipe from my friend Teresa and it is AMAZING!)

After dinner and cake the kids all jammied up and Peter opened gifts. The kids all made him super sweet cards and wrapped books (that we previously owned) called "10 best things about my dad" and "My dad and me" and "Guess How much I love you" and things like that. They gave him candy and Tyler gave him a previously owned baseball glove and ball so he could play catch with him. It was really sweet! Then we all cuddled oh the couch and watched the original old school version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". Logan LOVED it!! He laughed and pointed and thought it was so funny! Peter and I just smiled and melted as we snuggled with all of our sweet kids together. It was such a wonderful evening together.

I am so grateful for my sweet family and for my amazing husband. Life just doesn't get any getter than this!



3 comments:
happy late birthday to Pete! and holy cow Tyler is NINE??! Remember when he was a little baby and he snuggled on my shoulder when you guys came to visit us in SD? crazy.
Hey, is Tyler done with his football season? We want to go to one of his games.
Sad it's over. Let us know when he starts again.
Post a Comment