Monday:
Logan snuggled up listening to Tyler read a story out of the friend for Family Home Evening.

Tuesday:
Peter reading to the kids. He was doing hilarious "accents" for each of the fairy tales in this book and the kids and I were cracking up at it. I took some video but promised him it wouldn't end up on the blog. Still, I think this picture is enough to melt your heart and make you want a Peter of your very own! :)
Nathan running out to the bus stop to welcome his big brother and sisters home from school.
Dance party in the living room before bed! Logan kept coming up to everyone saying, "mon, dan! Dan!" meaning of course, C'mon DANCE! And no one could resist him!
I trimmed Emily's hair and after seeing how pretty it was she insisted on having me curl her piggy tails for school and then of course she had to have her picture taken. Good thing because this is the only picture that I took that day!

Saturday:
Another fun trip to Airborne Trampoline Arena. Peter has been pretty miserably sick and but the kids were stir crazy and we decided that we could let the kids jump and play while peter sat on their nice leather couch watching football on the big screen TV in the lounge. It was a perfect solution and the only snag we ran into was when it came time to leave and Nathan declared that he HATED the lady who said that all the white wrist bands had to leave and that he wanted to stay there forever and LIVE at airborne! I'll do a full post with more pictures and details soon but for now, here's a link to their website: http://www.airbornesports.com/

Sunday:
Welcome to a typical Sunday afternoon at my house. Yes, I know, it's disturbing. I let things go on Sunday so that I can have a little break. I still remind the kids to clean up their messes and to put their dishes in the sink/dishwasher. I still sweep the floor and do at least one round of damage control every Sunday, but I also sneak off to my room and put myself in time out to read or nap or just enjoy a little bit of quiet and leave the kids to their own devices. This picture is the result of me telling them to go downstairs and eat some lunch before church while I finished getting ready. It was relatively clean before I uttered those few words and finished putting on my mascara and shoes. When I came down and found the mess I just sighed, grabbed the sippy cup that I came in for and turned right around and walked out and we left for church. I came home from church and changed my clothes and changed the boys clothes and read for a bit and then it was time to head out to Peter's parents house for dinner. So this is also the mess that I came home to Sunday night and an even more enhanced mess was what I woke up to this morning. Luckily I found that a happy positive voice and some groovin' tunes will motivate my kids to do miracles and we worked for 30 minutes and cleaned up the entire downstairs, including sweeping, spot mopping, dishes, garbages and all of the rest of the chaos that had leaked out of the kitchen and spread out through the entire downstairs. Yes, it's better now, and yes it's worth letting things get truly out of hand once a week (at least) to have a little break.




No comments:
Post a Comment