I saw this idea on another blog and thought it was a great way to document the year! I'm going to try to post a picture a day of my family. Some real life glimpse into what's going on with us. I'll probably do it once a week and put up one picture for each day of the week. I started it last Wednesday so here's the second half of last week:
Wednesday:
Bath day! Maybe it's gross to some but during the winter I don't bathe my kids every day. They aren't sweaty and dirty from playing outside all day so I typically give them a bath on Sundays, Wednesdays & Fridays.

Thursday:
I finished moving Nathan out of Logan's room to make room for the baby and put the bunk beds together in Tyler's room. Peter got me a new iPhone for Christmas so the little boys were playing games on my old phone while I worked at getting the bunk bed done (thanks for the extra man power Marsha!) and the dresser and closet all moved over and organized.
After seeing how organized the boys room was and seeing how much they loved the new layout I decided to give the girls a change too. While they were at school I took apart their bunk beds and rearranged their room. They were THRILLED with the changes and all the kids have spent TONS of time in their bedrooms and have insisted on keeping them clean and organized. Who knows how long that will last, but I'm enjoying it for now! (as a side note: that white section of the wall was the "headboard" for the previous owners daughter who lived in that room and we've been meaning to paint the whole wall pink since we moved in but just haven't gotten around to it yet.)
We are lucky enough to have our kids pretty much leave us alone on Saturday mornings and they get up and take care of Logan (including changing his wet diapers) and get everyone breakfast and play together until we decide that we've been lazy long enough and get up and join the kids downstairs. Here's what we found when we came down this Saturday:
It was my Grandpa's birthday and my Aunt had all of the family out to her house for desert. Grandpa of course had a line of kids at his knee waiting for their turn at getting a "doot-da-doot" or a "belly sandwich" Both of which are special tickle treats that we've been enjoying since I was little (and longer I'm sure).




3 comments:
not gross to me - we're on the same bath schedule as you. seriously - who even has time for baths everyday? even i don't get a shower everyday.
Sometimes we do even less than 3 during the winter! When I was a kid, granted, I was an only child, my mom made me bathe everyday of the year.
Love that bath pic.. so cute of your kiddos!
Post a Comment