Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 4 - favorite book

I have read a ton of books recently and I have a few favorites right now.

I JUST finished (last night) "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Moss. A Historical Fiction story set during world war 2 about the Chinese Americans during that time and is SUCH a good book.

I read "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay while we were in Hawaii and it is also a Historical Fiction set during the Holocaust about the German Occupation in France and it was amazing as well.

Another favorite is "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. It was REALLY good! Kind of a mystery meets fairy tale meets romance. LOVED it!

I have a gazillion more but I'll finish with this one that I think everyone needs to read. It's called "The Noticer" by Andy Andrews. And it's a fantastic story about gaining perspective.

Google search these and read blurbs on them to find out more about them but I loved them all!

So I wanted to add some of the fun books that we have read together as a family. We usually have a chapter book that we read a little bit of right before bed after scriptures. Here are some of the ones we've read together, "The BFG" by Roald Dahl, "Fudge-a-mania" and "Super Fudge" by Judy Bloom, "The Indian in the Cupboard" by Lynne Reid Banks, "James and the Giant Peach" by Roald Dahl. I'm sure there have been others but I can't remember them right now. It's a fun tradition that we have, we haven't started a new one since Peter has been called as Bishop but I think I'll start one with them tonight. I love listening to the kids laugh and enjoy literature together.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I want to read all of those! Thanks for the good suggestions.